Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wacom tablet driving me nuts

Hi,

My Wacom tablet (intuos2 6 x 8) is driving me batty. It seems to just quit working after a few minutes of inactivity (dead to the world useing either pen that I have ) I'll have to restart the computer and then it'll work OK 'til I set the pen down. Has anyone encountered this? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers plus downloaded the latest from Wacom. System: Windows XP Pro. The other mouse works fine (Microsoft cordless intelli mouse).

Craig

Steve,

I find that my pen sometimes stops working, but I also have a trackball. When the pen stops I move the curser a little with the trackball and then the pen works again. I had always thought it was because of the tablet and the trackball sharing cursership - but maybe i have just been lucky ...

Maybe try a cheap mouse also and see if that frees it up - or see if there any old mouse drivers that you could uninstall - just guessing ...

Roger

Comment

I have had the same experience as Roger, only with my optical mouse. If the pen doesn't seem to work, I move the mouse a little and then move the pen and voila! The pen works. Like Roger, I figured it was a share thang and I live with it.

Catia

Comment

I use an A4 Intuos 2 with luckily no problems. However the Wacom forum is good for queries.

http://www.wacom-europe.com/forum/default.asp

Comment

Chris, Thanks for the link, according to the forums this appears to be a fairly common problem. It makes me wonder if this could be another product that was released to the public before it was ready. I'm gonna swap out some stuff tonight and see if that does anything.

Craig

Comment

It could depend on whether your other mouse is USB or not. If it is USB that is the reason. If you have a PS2 or serial mouse attached you can get the USB one working again by moving the PS2 or serial. It is not really a Wacom problem but more of a Windows/USB issue.

Christine

Comment

Hi Christine, Yep, everything I have is USB. This doesn't make sense the tablet worked fine on my new computer for 6 weeks and then doesn't work for the last week or two.
              Craig

Comment

Aside from having a PS2 or Serial mouse attached - even if it is not used. The only other thing I can suggest is removing the Wacom Software and re-installing. Not much fun if you have customised it.

If you do this then remove the software - reboot - reinstall software.

Christine

Comment

Hi Christine,

That is the first thing I did. Tomorrow I'll plug the tablet directly into the computer (not thru a hub) and use the ps2 adapter for my mouse. It seems like the problem occurs with both the windows platform and the mac platform.

Craig

Comment

I noticed that sometimes, my wacom mouse stops resopnding, I just lift it and shake it gently, and it works ok. I have no problem with the pen.
                    Did you change the nib of the pen? (after 6 weeks, it is an awfully short period...)

Comment

Wacom Tablet Suddenly Stops Working

I just started experiencing this problem myself (tablet suddenly stops working). The cause seems to be if you have the tablet plugged into a USB 2.0 Hub. Once I reconnected the tablet to the regular USB outlets on the main computer I did not experience the problem. Supposedly connecting with a USB 1 hub does not create the problem, so the problem seems to be with USB2 hubs. Suggestion from WACOM if you are not using a hub, try to attach the tablet to different USB ports.

~T

Comment

Hi,
                        Yep, that's what is was as soon as I plugged the tablet directly into the computer (not the 2.0 hub) everthing was fine. I should have stuck with woodworking as my only hobby!
                        Craig

Comment

Working...
                        X