Impressed with the Matrox p650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressed with the Matrox p650

I've always heard that Matrox cards were the best for general computing and graphics work (essentially, the best cards for anything but games), but I dismissed a lot of that talk as marketing or fan hysteria or whatever.

But, I just got a new P650 card, and I must say I can see a visible difference! Everything is brighter, more colorful (even after calibration), sharper, and somehow more...steady (can't explain it, it just looks that way). And I used to have some vague color fringing towards the very top of my monitor, now that's gone.

Plus I've noticed a marked speedup, and it even seems to have fixed that pesky 'tiny web icons not loading' problem with IE6.

And I haven't even started exploring the billion-color plugin for Photoshop that ships with it.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Related Topics

Collapse

• vlaad78
    2nd Monitor Stopped Working... Permanently
    by vlaad78
    Hello,

I've got an issue I've never seen before as a tech/network engineer...

I have a dual monitor setup with an nVidia GTX280 running Windows Vista x64. Originally I had a 21" Gateway HD capable LCD screen as my main and a Samsung 17" flat panel as my 2nd monitor,...
    02-16-2010, 07:57 PM
  • Don Majoros
    Dual Monitor
    by Don Majoros
    I would like to hook up a smaller 2nd monitor to my system,but not sure how to do it.Could anyone help?
    My system is:
    Gateway 933 w/348 mb Ram,30 gb hard drive,Pentium III processor,64mb nvidia geforce 2 gts graphics card w/tv out.All on Windows ME.
    Could anyone help lead me in...
    08-14-2002, 01:51 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    I bought a new router
    by Doug Nelson
    Having a home LAN requires a router. I've never given them much thought, simply buying one with enough ports and checking user reviews to make sure people like it. My Linksys started misbehaving last year so I bought the current version of the same one. The net connection it provided was untrustworthy,...
    01-26-2010, 12:00 PM
  • nadaman
    best calibration for monitor when editing for web
    by nadaman
    Hi folks, I have to edit a bunch of images that will be displayed on the web only.
    What is the best white point and luminance settings to calibrate my monitor to?
    Presume 2.2 gamma.

Equipment: iMac, Lacie 324 monitor with Blue Eye calibration, & CS4. Although...
    06-21-2011, 10:53 AM
  • jrolinc
    Video Cards & 2nd Monitors question
    by jrolinc
    Hi

Well, even though I've been in the computer industry for too many years to count, (well, almost), I'd like to ask for some help as my research is getting confusing regarding video cards and second monitors.

I've got an AGP card already in my system. It is a bit older...
    01-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Working...
X