Impressed with the Matrox p650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressed with the Matrox p650

I've always heard that Matrox cards were the best for general computing and graphics work (essentially, the best cards for anything but games), but I dismissed a lot of that talk as marketing or fan hysteria or whatever.

But, I just got a new P650 card, and I must say I can see a visible difference! Everything is brighter, more colorful (even after calibration), sharper, and somehow more...steady (can't explain it, it just looks that way). And I used to have some vague color fringing towards the very top of my monitor, now that's gone.

Plus I've noticed a marked speedup, and it even seems to have fixed that pesky 'tiny web icons not loading' problem with IE6.

And I haven't even started exploring the billion-color plugin for Photoshop that ships with it.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Related Topics

Collapse

• Northernshadow
    Monitor calibration with Adobe Gamma?
    by Northernshadow
    I don't know much about calibration except if it looks and prints good it must be fine....
    Currently all I have to calibrate is Adobe Gamma, and just bought a Sony LCD HS75P monitor. Setting the black and white points seems to be no problem but I don't think I'm getting the gamma right. Everything...
    05-27-2005, 04:42 PM
  • T Paul
    Sony GDMC520K
    by T Paul
    Why is it that when the warranty expires so does the product?

Well my Sony monitor is starting to have loud static-like pops, goes black, then the image returns. I performed a Google search and it didn’t produce promising results. It appears to be a fairly common, although ignored...
    10-10-2005, 09:00 PM
  • P_fuzz
    calibrating MBP display
    by P_fuzz
    hey hey, I've recently acquired a MBP 15inch i7 with hi res anti glare display.

this weekend I performed a display calibration using xrite eye1 with both eye1match and coloreyes software, and to my surprise I am getting a slight magenta hue, cool temp looking display.

tried...
    07-04-2011, 04:54 AM
  • Balky
    Anyone using an LCD Monitor?
    by Balky
    Anyone using an LCD Monitor for editing? I am curious cause I just got a monitor and it seems something is off but I can't figure out what it is.

Everything looks beautiful, the minute I start looking at pictures that I had edited before... something that iwas supposed to be dark...
    08-14-2003, 09:18 AM
  • MrEd1953
    LCD or CRT?
    by MrEd1953
    Hello all

I apologize if this question should be in the hardware forum but I really wanted you guys to answer if possible. I do a good bit of restoration work for a local gallery and I will probably need a new monitor soon. My question is (you guessed it) should I stay with a crt or buy...
    11-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Working...
X