X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Nelson
    started a topic Impressed with the Matrox p650

Impressed with the Matrox p650

I've always heard that Matrox cards were the best for general computing and graphics work (essentially, the best cards for anything but games), but I dismissed a lot of that talk as marketing or fan hysteria or whatever.

But, I just got a new P650 card, and I must say I can see a visible difference! Everything is brighter, more colorful (even after calibration), sharper, and somehow more...steady (can't explain it, it just looks that way). And I used to have some vague color fringing towards the very top of my monitor, now that's gone.

Plus I've noticed a marked speedup, and it even seems to have fixed that pesky 'tiny web icons not loading' problem with IE6.

And I haven't even started exploring the billion-color plugin for Photoshop that ships with it.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Northernshadow
    Monitor calibration with Adobe Gamma?
    by Northernshadow
    I don't know much about calibration except if it looks and prints good it must be fine....
    Currently all I have to calibrate is Adobe Gamma, and just bought a Sony LCD HS75P monitor. Setting the black and white points seems to be no problem but I don't think I'm getting the gamma right. Everything...
    05-27-2005, 04:42 PM
  • T Paul
    Sony GDMC520K
    by T Paul
    Why is it that when the warranty expires so does the product?

Well my Sony monitor is starting to have loud static-like pops, goes black, then the image returns. I performed a Google search and it didn’t produce promising results. It appears to be a fairly common, although ignored...
    10-10-2005, 09:00 PM
  • P_fuzz
    calibrating MBP display
    by P_fuzz
    hey hey, I've recently acquired a MBP 15inch i7 with hi res anti glare display.

this weekend I performed a display calibration using xrite eye1 with both eye1match and coloreyes software, and to my surprise I am getting a slight magenta hue, cool temp looking display.

tried...
    07-04-2011, 04:54 AM
  • Balky
    Anyone using an LCD Monitor?
    by Balky
    Anyone using an LCD Monitor for editing? I am curious cause I just got a monitor and it seems something is off but I can't figure out what it is.

Everything looks beautiful, the minute I start looking at pictures that I had edited before... something that iwas supposed to be dark...
    08-14-2003, 09:18 AM
  • MrEd1953
    LCD or CRT?
    by MrEd1953
    Hello all

I apologize if this question should be in the hardware forum but I really wanted you guys to answer if possible. I do a good bit of restoration work for a local gallery and I will probably need a new monitor soon. My question is (you guessed it) should I stay with a crt or buy...
    11-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Working...
X