Downloadable sample RAW files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloadable sample RAW files

Does anyone know of any sites where we can download RAW files in the various native digital camera formats? I've looked on the Nikon site, Canon site, etc., but can't find any downloadable RAW images (they might not end with .raw, I know).
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

I can supply you with Nikon,Canon and Olympus .raw files Doug.

Comment

RAW files

Doug

The Canon RAW files, well, actually 2 per picture, end in .CRW & .THM.

As an example...the .CRW file from one of my pics is 7,880KB while the .THM file is 11KB.

I can provide some Canon ones if you'd like.

Comment

Am I right in thinking the .thm is a thumbnail file?

Comment

Chris, thanks for the wide variety of images for me to test. Do you own all those various makes of cameras?
          Learn by teaching

Comment

Yes I've quite a collection including the Canon S70 I won last month.

Comment

Re: Downloadable sample RAW files

you will find raw-files on my raw-filearchive "www.rawsamples.ch". actually there are over 45 camera-brands collected and if you have a file I don't have so far, then please send it to me (look at my website for further informations).

thanks
              jakob

Comment

Re: Downloadable sample RAW files

An excellent resource, thank you.
                Learn by teaching

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Dezzy
                  RAW files
                  by Dezzy
                  OK, I keep reading about shooting in RAW. What do I need to shoot in RAW/ Do I need a special camera or program to transfer from a camera. I understand the value of RAW files over JPEG for manipulating.
                  10-19-2017, 10:20 PM
                • mcdronkz
                  Compositing: RAW or processed?
                  by mcdronkz
                  I know that RAW files, essentially digital negatives, provide far greater flexibility in terms of editing than already processed files. It is widely recommended to do as much as possible in the RAW converter before starting with pixel editing.

While doing compositing, I sometimes struggle...
                  10-25-2012, 08:23 PM
                • marranello729
                  where can I download RAW files?
                  by marranello729
                  hey guys, I have photoshop cs3 with adobe camera raw and i really want to start experimenting with it but my camera isnt RAW compatable. is there anywhere that I can download a RAW file from someone else so that I could just play around with raw? thanks
                  04-06-2008, 11:28 AM
                • Chennae
                  RAW files
                  by Chennae
                  Hey, my name's Chennae and I'm new This is my first post and I was wondering if y'all could help me out. I love retouching, but I have absolutely no idea about RAW files. What it is, how to use it... no idea. I downloaded a RAW file the other day and tried to open it in photoshop (cs4) but it wouldn't...
                  06-17-2010, 09:54 PM
                • johnnycorcoran
                  Getting and Giving RAW Files
                  by johnnycorcoran
                  Im now working with the Pro Photographer as Im a digital artist.
                  How can I get them raw files over? I mean this hotographer live miles away from me and want to give 75,85 raw files but its too much to sent onto a email.any best way to get them raw files??

hope theres something...
                  07-07-2008, 07:32 AM
                Working...
                X