cheap tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap tablet?

Ok, here's the thing. I'm simply dying to get a Wacom tablet. Unfortunately, I can't rationalize to myself spending the money to get the 9x12 Intuos3 I really want. Or even the Intuos2 I'd love to have.
    Is it worth looking for refurbished, or do they not wear well? Also, how easy is it to do detailed painting with a smaller tablet?

Thanks!!

I use an Intuos 2 6 x 8 tablet and it is fine even on very small detail. I dont think I would want a larger one as the amount of movement required would be that much greater. A tablet is definitely worth the investment - can't say about re-furbished but if they have a warranty they should be OK.

Christine

Comment

work with intuos2 6*8 and find it lot better then 9*12 that is used by some other guys at work. may be a little harder to find but check out ebay and local internet auction sites for intuos2 tablets.

i personally do up to 15 restorations a day and with clicking the mouse, my finger goes numb, tablet is the way to go.

Comment

Glikster,

I hav just purchased recently a 4x5 Wacom Graphire 2 from the Wacom Europe site, they have refurbished models, like mine, and i could not tell the difference between new and refurbished. It came with all the software unopened, and a full warrenty.....

So far i have no complaints.

With regards to your question about detailed images....just because it is smaller is not going to affect your work, if just means you have to slightly adapt to a small working area, thats all. I know many people that prefer the smaller versions as they give you less strain ( if any ) in your lower arm.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Kristin
          Aiptek Graphics Tablet 9x12
          by Kristin
          I just bought an Aiptek graphics tablet (9x12) in the states. I decided that it was a much less expensive investment than the $860 canadian price tag for the Wacom one. Does anyone use an Aiptek tablet? I literally just installed the software for it tonite so I could use any feedback anyone has to...
          08-01-2002, 01:32 AM
        • alceria
          Wacom Tablets
          by alceria
          Hello. I was just wondering who here uses a Wacom Tablet or something similar and who uses a mouse? I've never used a tablet because I don't really use Photoshop for a lot of drawing and figured it was more of a tool for a real artist. The other thing is that I really, really like my present mouse...
          12-17-2002, 12:24 PM
        • lilo99
          What could be the best tablet ??
          by lilo99
          I have retouching without a tablet. And I feel so behind!!!
          I want to buy one that is good quality and maybe not super expensive
          Any recommendations??? Thanks!!
          10-24-2009, 12:11 AM
        • nebulaoperator
          Need advice on buying Wacom tablet
          by nebulaoperator
          I have never used the tablet for retouching work but the more I learn the more I come across that people use tablet on the daily basis for retouching.Also it feels quiet silly when lots of D&B has to be done with my mouse. Click click click click....
          I want to get something budget but...
          03-03-2011, 08:01 PM
        • PJS
          Wacom tablets for PS CS help
          by PJS
          hi everyone, I am considering purchessing a wacom tablet, now the choises! Small sizes to 12X12, graphire to intos ??? Want to work on Photos in CS any suggestions? Can I use the smallest size 4x5 and do large areas?
          05-03-2005, 02:17 PM
        Working...
        X