computer wishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer wishes

ok, it's almost Christmas and I want you to imagine that Santa has decided that you deserve the best computer and accessories money can buy. All you have to do is tell him what you want, money is no object, you've been very, very good this year. So what would you choose and why? It's good to dream isn't it?

Well, heck if Santa is paying for this the here goes. I would like alot more RAM, maybe a gig or more and another hard drive about 100 gigs, then I would like a good CD rewriter and my choice of software packages, another printer and an adapter to my scanner to do larger transparancies. I already got the new computer due to technical difficulties but now it needs some new upgrades. Oh yeah, how about a laptop too while I'm at it. You did say it was no holds barred on the expenses. Oh this is fun, now if I could win the lottery and make it all come true.
    DJ

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ed_L
      A lot of computer help needed
      by Ed_L
      I've been having a lot of trouble with my computer for a while, and we're thinking seriously about buying a new one. Since we know *little* about computers, I have several questions.

1. What's the difference between a Celeron and Pentium processor? Is one better than the other?
      01-09-2002, 05:43 AM
    • d_kendal
      Upgrading
      by d_kendal
      I've noticed that when most people want to upgrade their computers, they'll take it in to a computer shop to get it done. When you do that, the cost of the installation is somtimes half as much as the product itself, so I've found it's much cheaper to do it myself (so far I've installed RAM, a usb card,...
      10-10-2002, 03:39 AM
    • thomasgeorge
      Chris h:Re USB rats and stuff
      by thomasgeorge
      I use my optical mouse in the ps/2 config also--I really dont see much advantage to USB rodents although I am sure there must be some. The saga of the SCSI scanner continues---finally had to completely erase my hard drive, and am in the process of reformating , installing a new video card with s-video...
      11-13-2001, 06:45 PM
    • jerry
      Hardrive "Sick or Dying"??
      by jerry
      Hi Folks
      Last week when I turned on my computer, I heard a high pitched screetching noise and got the dreaded insert boot disk in drive A:.

I tried a second time with the same results..The third time it booted up as normal..

I have left it turned on all week to back-up...
      02-15-2003, 08:51 AM
    • susan
      new set up?
      by susan
      this is my first post hope somebody else didn't ask the same thing.
      I want to speed up my computer. I have a Gateway 550 PIII with 256 mgs of memory a CD/dvd and a cd burner.
      I'm considering upgrading the mother board and processor but I have no idea what to get. I would love to get...
      10-06-2002, 07:19 PM
    Working...
    X