just was wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just was wondering

i dont know how much of yall watch americas next top model. but i was wondering, on couple of the shows when they did photoshoots. it like they [the photographer] had the camera directly connected to a apple. so when ever the photographer took a shoot, it instantaneously came up on the screen.

what program is that they use. i was trying it on an Apple I-book, using an Nikon D70. but the computer only recognizes it as a hard drive or storage device.

n e body know?

My best guess would be the relatively new "Aperture" by apple. Paired with a high end 'puter and an appropriate DSLR the photos can go straight to aperture in RAW format and have an assistant (we all have one of those, don't we? ) do the adjustments and sorting.

Sure wish I lived in my ideal world.

Comment

I have a Canon 1Ds and it came with a capture program that allows one to shoot in any format and record the image either on a computer or to the computer and the card in the camera at the same time.

I am not sure about the Nikon line but I think such a program is avaliable from them for their cameras. Check their website.

I use this feature all the time when shooting in the studio. Lot nicer seeing an image on a 19 inch screen rather than the back of the camera.

Mike

Comment

I have other products from Breeze, and plan to get their DSL remote program when I get my new Canon.

http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/index.htm

Comment

thanks guys....i see it now. i find that very nifty. seeing what u took the instant you took it.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• COLONELFLAG
            Quirky USB connection
            by COLONELFLAG
            I bought my first digital camera last month, a Canon G-2 So far I have been extremly happy with the results from the camera even tho it is not the 35mm SLR form that I am used to. Eventually i will have to upgrade to something like the D-60 or its equivalent.

However I...
            12-11-2002, 07:31 AM
          • winwintoo
            From camera to computer in real time???
            by winwintoo
            Does anyone do this? If so how?

This question was posed on a Mac forum that I frequent and nobody there had a good answer.

The questioner would like to be able to beam images immediately from his camera to his laptop while on photo shoots so that a decision can be made...
            09-20-2005, 09:57 AM
          • Doug Nelson
            Best computer/camera interface
            by Doug Nelson
            I'm looking for recommendations for cameras with great PRE-exposure interfacing with the computer. So the computer tells the camera what to do, not the camera simply reporting what it did. I'd like to completly bend the camera's will to my own. If I want 7 exposures 3.2 seconds apart and ascending through...
            11-17-2007, 04:53 AM
          • lolli
            I am having trouble with my nikon d80
            by lolli
            Hi I am having trouble with my nikon d80 with the shutter sticking any ideas what mmay be wrong? Also I have trouble with memory cards not being usable only once or twice any ideas what I am doing wrong thanks Pat
            05-22-2009, 09:04 AM
          • SierraBella
            Camera for students
            by SierraBella
            Ok at the risk of overloading with questions without much feedback on the post of others (yes I'm sorry I'm just not comfortable enough with my skill level to offer advice in most situations) I was curious what everyone thought about a starter DSLR for a photography student.

Right now...
            08-12-2011, 12:22 PM
          Working...
          X