Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: Katrin Eismann Restoration Video

View here
    Last edited by Doug Nelson; 11-25-2002, 12:08 PM.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Congrats to both you and Marni for having been a part of the video. It sounds great!

Ed

Comment

Marni contributed, and even got a mention in the credits. I had nothing to do with it. It appears to be the same photo, only part of a montage instead of a normal portrait. Interesting that it had almost the exact same deterioration, though.

We haven't seen Marni for awhile. Maybe she'll drop by sometime and tell us about all the prints from that shoot.
      Learn by teaching

Comment

Katrin's Video

Hi Everyone
        I'm sorry I haven't been here in awhile, my computer decided to die on me and it has been a nightmare trying to get things back to normal. (or whatever "normal" is) Anyway, I got an e-mail from Katrin about my photo's she used in the video. I was honored to have her work on them. She is going to send me the photo CD of the retouch she did on it. She is one amazing person. I was having so many problems with the photo's that after purchasing her book, I tried e-mailing her for some advice and she gave me permission to upload my photo to her to look at. Well, she fixed it and then asked if she could use it in her upcoming video and I was happy to tell her yes!!!!! I understand that she did use it and we are on the back cover. WOW!!! way cool. I can't wait to see the video, and hopefully pick up more great tips from her. I just got off the phone with DJ and we had a nice chat. I am afraid I have been neglecting my friends, and with the computer dying, well, things have been crazed!!
        I will let everyone know when I get the video my impressions. Take care Marni

Comment

Hi all!
          I have the book as well and after reading Doug's review will probably but it. I hoping that wih the video and photoshop 7and my new computer I'll be able to try some of the challanges.

This is a great site to learn !

Don

Comment

Don
            Welcome to Retouch Pro. Glad you found the site. Hey, if and when you get the video, we would love to get your opinions on it. Let us know how easy it was to follow and how you compare it to the book since you have that also. Most of us have the book and use it as our restoration bible, so it will be interesting to see how the video compares.
            DJ

Comment

Will do DJ. I am really anxious to try the new heal brush/tool in PS 7 as well as get the tape.

Don

Comment

Oh yeah, I can't wait to try some of those new features, or toys as I like to call them. I gather since her video is out already, there probably won't be any version 7 techniques in it.
                DJ

Comment

Got the video

Hi Everyone

I got the video "Image restoration and repair" from Katrin and it is fabulous!!! It's like having her over your shoulder coaching you. I recommend it very highly, and I have ordered the color correction one now also. I will be busy now fixing all those photo's with new techniques she shares in the video, she is really brilliant, and makes it seem so easy. It is really strange to see yourself as one of the demo's on the tape, she even gave me a credit on the end of the video and my photo is on the back cover. It was really cool!!!

Comment

Congratulations Marni!!! You're a star now. Sounds like one I will have to check into.
                    DJ

Comment

I also have the Image restoration video. Very well done. Easy to follow. I have a 25" tv and video player next to the computer and with the remote can stop and start to easily follow along. Hope a dvd is in the future though. Tapes take up so much room and they wear out. Highly recommend the videos.

Bob

Comment

While 7.0 is not touched on in the video I wound not let that keep me from getting the videos. What she covers is info that applies to basic PS and retouching. I still am refering to sets of 5.5 videos almost daily. Cant see much in 7.0 except the healing brush that these videos dont cover.

Bob

Comment

Just had a chance today to view the video this evening. Its great well worth the $. Perhaps what came across more so in the video than the book is Katrin's overall strategy to image restoration. I describe it as - give yourself room to maneuver and start simple and kick it up a notch or two when required. I found several new techniques in the tape as well and they are clearly described. I highly recommend this tape.. Katrin is a great teacher.

Don

Comment

Wow, Don, sounds like you got alot out of that video. That's great. She is fast becoming our Photoshop photo restoration Guru. Can you tell me what the going price is?
                            DJ

Comment

If anyone is planning on buying this via Amazon anyway, I'd appreciate it if you'd use this link.
                              Learn by teaching

Comment

Working...
                              X