Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on Eismanns book

hi guys,

i was thinking of buying Katrin Eismann's book on Restoration and Retouching, would it be a good buy? or is everything on the internet already?

need your help on this one guys, i really do want to learn more.

thanx!!

Giga

Restoration and Retouching

Well I highly recommend her book. Currently the third edition. But if you want to save some $ you can probably get a used third or second edition at half.com or Amazon etc.

You can download the necessary photos from her web site. Restoration and Retouching by Katrin Eisman. The book is nicely organized and starts out quite basic and moves along to more advanced info.

Personally I think its a better way to learn the basics that way then trying to learn solely by using the internet.

Comment

Thank you so much Phil for the reply.

What i am afraid of is, what if i bought the book, only to find out that most of her techniques discussed can be googled or i have googled already.

I live in the Philippines, and i've searched most of the bookstores and couldn't find a copy of her book, the only way i could think of is thru amazon, but shipping alone would already cost alot.

So kinda having second thoughts on that book...

Giga

Comment

Googling

Well I'm sure you can get the information in the book from other sources. But what makes this book or a Photoshop Course worthwhile is the organization of the material. The instructor leads you down the path of learning starting with the basics and gradually building up the difficulty as you become more proficient.

That's why I recommend KE's book. The teaching is very nicely done.

Comment

Katrin Eismann

You can find and purchase a book of Katrin Eismanns through Amazon.com. Look for it in the search field.

Also, her second edition is for Adobe Photoshop 7.0 while her third edition is for CS2. I did buy both of her books and while you can google, as Phil said there is an organization to the material. It may give you, at least it has me, ways to organize, work on, and tricks of the trade that are needed. Some of the things you may never know about from searches because you simply DON'T know the questions to ask.
          Last edited by klassylady25; 03-20-2006, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Or try the latest DVD available from Software Cinema

Restoration and Retouching

Christine

Comment

Great Book

Oddly enough, I just bought her book a couple of weeks ago. I am a seasoned Photoshop user and still learned lots.

The best thing about Photoshop is that there is often several ways to skin the cat. I really enjoy seeing how other pros tackle problem images. I am constantly tweaking the way I work based on what I learn from sites like this and good books like Katrin's.

I say "get it".

B

Comment

thank you so much guys, its a go for me then!

Comment

Hi guys,

i hope you get to read this, i really want to thank you for encouraging me to buy the book, i just received my package a few days ago.

It took amazon almost a month to ship that book, and cost me $43.47. Our exchange rate is at Peso 52 = $1, so the book cost around Peso2,260. It is rather expensive for a book. BUt i'm loving it! the book is worth it i'd say! Worth every penny.

( To those who doesn't know how much things cost here, our BigMac with Large Fries and Large Coke cost around Peso100. )

FYI
                  Ciao!

Giga

Comment