Favorite books of 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite books of 2006

What are your favorite retouching/photo books for 2006 so far? Not just technique (although not excluding technique).

My favorite so far is Window Seat by Julianne Kost. But I'm really looking forward to reading Maggie Taylor's Landscape of Dreams.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Mastering Black and White Digital Photography, Michael Freeman.

This book presents the most comprehensive collection of BW methods (Photoshop), commentary and content I've come across -- and I have several books of this nature. It really helped me connect a lot of conceptual and procedural dots.

Very little info on BW printing, however, which is a tricky game in and of itself.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Out_Of_Focus
      Katrin Eismann books ?
      by Out_Of_Focus
      Hello everyone

I have Adobe Photoshop 8 and was wanting to know which Katrin book or any other books would be best for me I’m interested in restoration of old family photos and glamour retouching for beauty pageants and retouching of my own photos. I'm also trying to improve at...
      01-27-2007, 05:43 PM
    • brandonx49
      What books to Own?
      by brandonx49
      Hello,

I'm looking at my book club here and am pondering over purchasing "Mastering Digital Photography- David Busch" or "Complete Digital Photography 2nd ED - Ben Long". Does anyone have these books. Would u recommend them? Other books that are better? I'm of course...
      05-18-2004, 09:05 PM
    • Sveltepig
      books books books - which is best?
      by Sveltepig
      Hi all
      I have decided it is time for more Photoshop books - yay!
      I have both of Katrin Eismann's books (masking and retouching) and love them both. I want to learn more about colour, though, so am looking at Dan Margulis. Can anybody give me feedback about which of his books are essential...
      06-10-2009, 01:45 AM
    • bilguitei
      Books
      by bilguitei
      Hi guys....So i have a question...I am trying to learn photoretouching online from free tutorial....But what's the best way to learn it?I am wondering if there is a book which can change until i become really professional photoretoucher....Please gimme your ideas and if you know the book,please introduce...
      09-28-2010, 07:48 PM
    • yazmine
      Retouching Books
      by yazmine
      Hello! I'd like to hear if anyone has any recommendations of retouching books that they've found usefull for skin and retouching models in general..

I know online tutes and articles are great, but sometimes I like to interact with the real thing; turn the pages and smell the ink!!
      06-19-2007, 06:11 AM
    Working...
    X