Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened To The July Cover Of Vogue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened To The July Cover Of Vogue?

I was amazed to see the July cover of Vogue. Usually when you here names like Vogue and Annie Leibovitz in the same sentence. There is usually amazing images to follow. But, this month it looks like they decided not to use Box (or anyone really) for there retouching. Nicole Kidman is out of focus, while the light stand is sharp. Oh and a sharp object usually does not have that soft of an edge to it either. I can see where the ground around Nicole has different amounts of texture(poor masking). Plus, the clipping path where the U touches her hair is weak at best. The skin is poor as well. It looks like a first year photography student put this cover together. Amazed is all I can say.

I would love to have Conde Nast and/or Annie Leibovitz for clients. But, I guess they would rather print sloppy images then give me a call. What a shame.

-W

Re: What Happened To The July Cover Of Vogue?

i used to work at a shop that had some of the Conde Nast work, i'm curious to see just how bad the cover is...

Comment

Sea, Sex And Sun it's Summer :-)

Comment

Wow, I got the August Vanity Fair today. It is weak as well. Looks over exposed with strange color cast in the shadows and poor clipping paths. Mark Seliger was given credit for it. I guess the slump in the photography industry has now hit the big guys too.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
          Critiques Requested - Again!
          by Doug Nelson
          By Ed Ladendorf on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 06:57 am:

Okay, I finally got the link to work. I removed my wife from a photograph, and put her into more of a portrait setting. Positive and negative feedback are acceptable, although negative feedback is what I really need. I'm here to...
          08-08-2001, 11:21 AM
        • Tube
          New Image i shot and retouched
          by Tube
          Hi

I was wondering what anyone thought of this image i shot. I have done some mild retouching, but more dodging and burning. The more subtle the better i think. Comments most welcome.

Regards

Tube

Cell: +44 (0) 7818435582...
          08-18-2004, 09:31 AM
        • blohan
          Steven Klein, Mert and Marcus, all frauds.
          by blohan
          Sorry for the abrasive thread, I don't plan to stay here, I came across this board while looking for information on how to get the Vogue look, now I am not big on retouching, I like detail, realism and I try to get everything right on the shot. I'm not naive, I know retouching has been around since...
          03-22-2015, 02:38 AM
        • ThePhotographer
          Why I am upset with the July issue of Vogue Paris
          by ThePhotographer
          First of all while being the June / July edition it's the shortest edition yet with only 202 pages. Moving on, the second problem, Emmanuelle Alt, the new editor. She is one of the worst editors of Vogue ever, the magazine has nearly lost all of its class with her inclusions of beauty and makeup advice...
          05-24-2011, 02:02 AM
        • Doug Nelson
          New Members Introductions, Biographical Ramblings Etc
          by Doug Nelson
          By Doug Nelson (doug) on Friday, June 01, 2001 - 08:52 am:

Since I'm your host, I guess I'm obligated to go first:

My name is Doug Nelson. I'm 41 and live in St. Louis, MO

I've been involved with photography since 1968 (yes, that's right), with computers...
          08-08-2001, 11:46 AM
        Working...
        X