No announcement yet.

Starting a Restoration Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the article Vikki! I think the picture is great. I know how uncomfortable I'd be having my picture taken, but think of it this way - if you were only quoted in the article with no picture, the impact of the article on your business would be MUCH less!! The picture helps people feel a connection with you - and when people are entrusting their one-of-a-kind photos to you, trust is really important!

Jeanie

Comment

Congrats Vikki, wow a real celebrity here at RetouchPro.

Comment

Vicki good luck with the class I would love to see how glass plates scan. Neal

Comment

Thanks to you all, for your support and encouragement!
          I'll be sure to post whatever events occur as a result of the article and the class.

Regarding the glass plates.....no word yet from the woman. She said she would call back in a few weeks, after she got herself organized.
          Vikki

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Jakaleena
            Photo Restoration Classes
            by Jakaleena
            My plan is to make a pitch to the local adult education facility to start a class on restoring old photos (they already offer computer classes, and genealogy and historical societies are a biggie around here). I'm just trying to get a lesson plan together and some materials to work with before I approach...
            06-03-2002, 09:18 PM
          • thomasgeorge
            Advice To the Beginner
            by thomasgeorge
            Lets suppose that the local Highschool asks you to give a presentation on "career day" or some such occasion to a group of soon to graduate Seniors. What advice would you give them concerning this line of work as a career. What educational goals should they aim for, what educational level...
            08-31-2001, 10:05 AM
          • twinkissed
            Favorite Restoration Projects
            by twinkissed
            What type of photo restoration your favorite to do. Example: My favorite type of restoration is bringing out faded details. It's a lot like Christmas morning because you never know what will come out of it. I had a client that once we brought out all the detail we could see that the thing hanging on...
            Bringing back faded photos
            16.90%
            Removing scratches
            11.27%
            Removing color casts
            2.82%
            Piecing a torn photo back together
            11.27%
            Filling in a missing portion
            7.04%
            Water Damaged Photos
            1.41%
            Burnt Photos
            1.41%
            Restoring Documents
            0.00%
            Other type not mentioned here
            11.27%
            I don't have a favorite
            36.62%
            11-04-2005, 08:24 AM
          • chiquitita
            Retouching / Restoring vs. Recreating
            by chiquitita
            I have noticed a trend on this site where some retouchers/restorers like to recreate missing information in a damaged photo. I thought I would start a thread to hear the members' thoughts on this subject.

Personally, beyond cloning a few objects, I like to leave the photograph as close...
            06-19-2002, 01:02 PM
          • RamonaMarie
            New with questions
            by RamonaMarie
            Hi all,
            I'm ecstatic to have found this site. I'm trying to get into Photo Restoration and don't have a clue at what I'm doing. I just finished a quicktime tutorial from vtc.com, but was a bit disappointed in it. I did get the hang of the patch and heal tools from it though. I've got Katrin...
            10-02-2005, 07:29 AM
          Working...
          X