Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any opinions on the Gry Garness Retouching DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any opinions on the Gry Garness Retouching DVD?

Most retouching DVD's seem awfully expensive, there is one however which I could afford, Gry Garness' Beauty Retouching DVD, has anyone tried it out?

Re: Any opinions on the Gry Garness Retouching DVD

I'd recommend Googling for Gry Garness and watching some of the Vimeo and other videos he has posted. See if his style and explanations make sense for you. If you like them and feel you've learned good techniques you can use, there's a good chance you'll like his video as well.

Also, check the recorded webcasts here on RetouchPro, he might have done a webinar here before, I think I recall seeing him listed among the presenters but I'm not sure.

Comment

I believe he is a she.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
        I believe he is a she.
        Ooooops Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

Gry's ebooks and DVD are very good and also a good value. Keep your eye open..discounts are often offered. I agree, many of the DVD's are too expensive, but Gry's is more realistic...especially when the discount is offered. She has also offered classed on retouchpro and you can still rent them for $15...definitely a real value.

Comment

Gry's DVD is superb, as are her Retouch Pro rentals.

Comment

I have watched the whole dvd It was good.

Comment

Thank you, I will be certain to check out her work. Any other tutorials you'd recommend I buy? And I mean buy because this way I can go back to it if I ever forget something. Perhaps something more general, less about beauty retouching but perhaps about other aspects of photo manipulation and post processing? I'm also looking to re-design my website using Photoshop myself so something on that might be useful as well.

Comment

I'd highly recommend Aaron Nace's tutorials on Phlearn.com. I learned about him though a post here recently. He's quite a genius, in my opinion. Some of his tutorials get edgy, a couple are even bizarre. But most of them are just plain fantastically imaginative with tons of excellent tips and techniques.

Better yet, every one of the paid ones are real end-to-end projects that are great to work on and to look at afterward, and that you can use right away on your own projects if you have some imagination. Also, if you get onto his mailing list you can get some great discounts on his already very reasonably priced materials. There were techniques I'd really wanted to learn and his tutorials taught me those plus much more.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertAsh View Post
                    I'd highly recommend Aaron Nace's tutorials on Phlearn.com. I learned about him though a post here recently. He's quite a genius, in my opinion. Some of his tutorials get edgy, a couple are even bizarre. But most of them are just plain fantastically imaginative with tons of excellent tips and techniques.

Better yet, every one of the paid ones are real end-to-end projects that are great to work on and to look at afterward, and that you can use right away on your own projects if you have some imagination. Also, if you get onto his mailing list you can get some great discounts on his already very reasonably priced materials. There were techniques I'd really wanted to learn and his tutorials taught me those plus much more.
                    Seems like a great website! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                      I believe he is a she.
                      You are right!

Comment

I'm watching the DVD from her and like it.

Comment

Gry's dvd is has a great, I also could recommend Natalia's dvd on
                          http://www.digitalphotoshopretouching.com or Krunoslav Stifter's...I think 3 of the best there are.

Comment