K.Eismann book-Smart Sharpening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K.Eismann book-Smart Sharpening

On page 191 of Ms. Eismanns most excellent tome ( A MUST HAVE, by the way for anyone serious about retouching) , She describes an elegant way to sharpen without going to extermes. You can also use the "glowing edge" filter to combine some of the steps she outlines into one step by using the glowing edge dialog box sliders. Specifically steps 3-6 and possibly 7. Tom

I'll have to check that out Tom. Haven't been to page 191 yet. Thanks for the tip.

Ed

Comment

Tom,
      Do you mean that you use find edges then switch to glowing edges? You use them together instead of just using glowing edges to replace find edges?
      DJ

Comment

Dj, Just skip the 'find edges' and use the "Glowing Edges" this inverts, finds edges, gives you control over smoothness and width with one quick stop. By the way, the venison was great. That recipe is a keeper. Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom,

I'm glad you liked the venison. I was eager to know how you liked it. It adds a new twist to the meat. Well I got to go Dave needs the computer now.
          DJ

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• cedwar
            Creating Torn Edges
            by cedwar
            Can anyone tell me how to create the look of torn edges around a picture? I'd appreciate the help!

cedwar
            03-29-2004, 10:49 AM
          • kcollins1972
            Darkening Edges
            by kcollins1972
            Does anyone have an action for darkening edges (vignetting)?

Thanks!
            03-29-2008, 04:08 PM
          • SterlingH
            Masking Shortcut to sharpen edges only
            by SterlingH
            I was playing around and ended up doing the following as a somewhat lazy shortcut to sharpening only the edges. Any thoughts?

After doing whatever sharpening you do, and assuming the sharpening is contained on its own layer:
            - turn off sharpening layer
            - merge visible below...
            02-09-2011, 12:14 AM
          • DannyRaphael
            Tutorial 08: Questions, discussion, results
            by DannyRaphael
            This is where to post questions, comments, results regarding Tutorial 8 (click HERE).

Show us what you've got!...
            03-13-2003, 08:56 PM
          • cardmnal
            Burnt Edges
            by cardmnal
            Does anybody know of a can't miss technique to add burnt edges to a print?

I have a client that wants me to create a 16x20 enlargement printed on canvas. she has asked that I create a burnt look around the edges. There are a few tutorials out there but I was wondering if any of the amazing...
            11-27-2006, 08:48 PM
          Working...
          X