Need site with Windows PS movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need site with Windows PS movies

Several people have shared sites with Photoshop tutorials, but they all seem to be done on a Mac. I've nothing against that, but I need to see some PS tutorials (preferably PS7) done in Windows.

Anyone have any links like this?
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

I don't know of any sites off hand, but I do have some quicktime tutorials on my hard drive done in windows (but it's PS 6). if that's what you were looking for, I could email a couple to you (just PM me)

- David

Comment

Doug, there is my links page which has some links to tutorial videos - but most are Mac and v5/6 with lesser v7 content. You might get lucky but as you say there is a certain Mac 'bias' in this respect for the obvious historical/traditional reasons.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binar...V_links.html#V

The great thing is that Photoshop is fairly similar between the platforms so I guess this is an 'aesthetic' thing <g>.

Apple has a creative section of their website to market to one of their large customer bases...perhaps MS needs to setup a similar section and sponsor Photoshop tutorials performed via XP using .wmp format to combat all those Apple OS X .mov Photoshop tutorials out there.

Stephen Marsh.

Comment

There is no real difference between PS for either platform. And, since Windows users are used to Mac tutorials, I guess inertia has kept it going.

I don't need to learn from a Windows movie, I want to study the movies themselves, see how they were made, which resolution, what kind of capture quality, etc.

And David, if you got those files off a publicly available website, and they're done in Windows, I'd love to see them. Otherwise, I'll have to decline.
        Last edited by Doug Nelson; 12-14-2002, 03:13 PM.
        Learn by teaching

Comment

Oops sorry, not thinking again yes of course they must be copyrighted, since I got them off of a magazine CD. however, I did find the site of the company that made them, and they have some demo videos online (the PS 6 ones are the only ones that I looked at that are done in windows, the PS 7 ones are Mac) here's the link:
          http://www.vtc.com/productdetail.lasso?sku=33324

- David

Comment

Thanks. That's an excellent example of what I was looking for.

Does anyone else have any?
            Learn by teaching

Comment

Doug,

I have quite a few on my hard drive too. They all came from sites that are available to everyone. But with a dial-up account, it would take a loooong time to send them all to you. Check out Russell Brown's site . There are quite a few movies there. If you need something else, let me know. I don't remember exactly where they all came from, but I might have some that aren't on his site. Maybe after you get it all figured out, you could write a tutorial on making them.

Ed

Comment

I'm sure all of Russell Brown's would be on a Mac. If you do have any that are in Windows, let me know.
                Learn by teaching

Comment

Doug what exactly are you after making the tutorials to be shown on - is it the web or vcd, etc?

If it is the web I will follow this thread closely as I am interested in how you would do that.... If it is for a vcd svcd/dvd then you might be interested in the following programs

Virtual Dub - for sound
                  Tempeg - for video

these are encoding programs you will still need to make your tutorials in another program such as Premiere as a .avi then encode them using the above programs.

Am barking up the wrong tree? I am not to sure whether you want to make tutorials or encode them?

I have a fair idea on the resolution needed for the vcds but if its for the web then I think it depends on all sorts of things!

Clare

Comment

I am investigating making tutorials for web delivery. I have a lot of the technical hurdles covered. Now most of my questions are about pragmatic useability (ie: rez, framerate, etc.). There are a couple of niggling tech issues, as well.

I'm hoping viewing some existing examples that are branded "good" will help me over the final couple of bumps.
                    Learn by teaching

Comment

I would be interested in your research and how things pan out. I have been commissioned to make a presentation for a company and would love to say 'here a file you can use on your web site', but I am a bit lost as well about the issues your have raised. Hopefully someone will know the answers!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Clare

Comment

Start a new thread with what you know and (more importantly) what you don't, and I'll add a bit and others will add bits, and shortly we'll all know all there is to know about it
                        Learn by teaching

Comment

I'll try - have to get my head round a few things first and try to post a interesting thread! (I'm not overly good at the writen word!)

Hope to post soon

Clare

Comment

Sorry Doug. I've checked all my quick time movies, and they're all done on a Mac.

Ed

Comment

That's pretty much what I've found. Thanks for checking.
                              Learn by teaching

Comment

Working...
                              X