No announcement yet.

Advice

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Siciliana
    Any advice...
    by Siciliana
    Hey photoshop junkies, I'm mid-way through a restoration of a photo for a friend of mine. This is the only remaining photo of him as a baby being held in up by his father. His father died when he was a boy. He had only a few photos which were destroyed when his house burned down. Imagine how happy he...
    11-13-2011, 09:14 PM
  • Lithodia
    Any advice about Retouching/Shooting in Italy
    by Lithodia
    Hi all,
    Its been a while since i have been on this forum, this place has always been good to me in terms of advice so here it goes. I am currently in china and I want to spend at least 6 months in either Rome or Milan. I speak intermediate Italian and have a good portfolio along with tears of...
    03-22-2010, 02:57 AM
  • deZines
    Please some advice on this photo
    by deZines
    I have been working on this image for a few ours now. It was horrible resolution. I've been following some of the tutorials here on channel correction to smooth out the skin. It still seems really fake to me. I think I smoothed it over too much.

Can you give me some advice on how to...
    11-25-2010, 10:51 PM
  • goncaloclaro
    Advice on learning retouching
    by goncaloclaro
    Hi there

My name is Gonçalo Claro, im from Portugal, and i work as a photographer...i've started shooting three years ago, and professionaly the last year only...

I've been reading through this forum for a while in a search to improve my retouching techniques, but now...
    01-05-2010, 02:12 PM
  • dcarr
    Some advice please
    by dcarr
    Hello to any who remember me,

It's been a while for sure. I'm able to spend more time here and with photos now, so I hope to become more active.

I am working on this photo, and could use some advice, as I am quite rusty. I'd like to brighten, make more natural, remove...
    04-13-2014, 10:17 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

Hey guys & gals. I used to come here a long while ago when I started using Photoshop, cs4. I know not why but for some reason I lost touch with the site. Maybe when NAAP came to my attention.

Since Kelbyone took over NAAP it seems like the tutorials have gone from Photoshop to photography. Now finding new tuts are a hunting expedition for endangered species.

That being said does anyone know of a new site were one can find new and exciting tutorials not including Phlearn. TIA

Re: Advice

Yes, I got with Kelby back when it was NAPP...I must say, it was better then than it is now...seems that the tutorials are just old and been around for a long time...except for all those CC tutorials...Not happy with the Kelbyone version.

Comment

NAPP/Kelby is a cesspool of selling, and at least in terms of color management, misinformation. So sad. Used to be a great organization until Kelby and his buds became more interested in shilling crap then educating their members. I could tell you horror stories but, what's the point. Move on.

Comment

Could not agree more. I have been signing up for several years now...But that is coming to an end...There is nothing there for me anymore. Thank you for confirming thoughts I have had for quite some time. Thank you.

Comment

Looks like you're not alone in feeling that way. They laid off 30 people today.
          Learn by teaching
          Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Nelson View Post
            Looks like you're not alone in feeling that way. They laid off 30 people today.
            Got a URL? Love to get more details. TX.

Comment

Just the Facebook posts from some of those affected.
              Learn by teaching

Comment

Thanks Doug, don't do Facebook.
                Interesting development, keep us informed.

Comment

I didn't either, until last week. Actually, I thought I did it, but it turns out I didn't, so I actually did it last week

But that's where you find timely info in 2016.
                  Learn by teaching

Comment

http://kelbyone.com/a-letter-from-sc...y-feb-05-2016/
                    Learn by teaching

Comment

Originally posted by andrewrodney View Post
                      Got a URL? Love to get more details. TX.
                      If possible, I would like to get that url also...just to let you all know, I contacted kelbyone by phone several week back...I asked them why most of their data was out of date...some had not been updated since 2013...I am through...no more money to them....

Comment

Working...
                      X