Professional Photoshop 6 (Dan"Big Daddy" Margulis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional Photoshop 6 (Dan"Big Daddy" Margulis

What Moses did with his walking stick (parted) to the Red Sea. Dan Margulis does with Photoshop to images. Example: In chapter 17 "There are no bad originals". He takes a hopeless,underexposed image and brings it back to life. If this man was in the religion business, he be a healer. While this is not a starter book on photoshop. It's advanced. A beginner can learn on a better level starting out (if your serious about learning high end color correction). For a intermediate and advanced user. He makes you think. From color by the numbers to plate blending to there are no bad originals. His key as a master is in using curves and more important, His know how. Anyone who is going to press(cmyk). This book is a must have. Even for anyone doing non-web rgb (photographers). His methods can be applied. For retouchers,using his methods (color correction). Take retouching to a higher level. It's an in-depth advanced book. High end color correction at that. I'm glade,I'm one of his chosen ones.

John Opitz Photographer

Wow, Thanks John,
    Sounds like a great book to look for. Especially if you need to know more about working with the numbers. That is still a tough thing for me to do.
    DJ

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• willmac
      Dan Margulis, 5th edition
      by willmac
      Hi, maybe someone can help me understand one of Dan's tutorials in his book Professional Photoshop Fifth Edition.
      It starts on page 241 chapter 10 called the crabcake.

Up until this point I was following along with no problem, but I hope that there are many like me that when it...
      12-19-2010, 01:00 PM
    • mdavis
      LAB Book
      by mdavis
      There are hundreds (literally) of books published on using Photoshop. Some of the very best are listed in this forum, but one new one promises to be another classic. Up until now, no one has published a book on the topic of the LAB color space. The book is titled "Photoshop LAB Color: The Canyon...
      08-13-2005, 03:03 PM
    • anthonyrobinson
      Dan Margulis - Professional photoshop:
      by anthonyrobinson
      Hi guys,
      So I recently purchased this (as kindle), I'm one chapter in and it is more complex than my neuroscience textbooks.

Any recommended stepping stones? Doesn't need to be a google web page, I'm happy to pay (but not for a book in non kindle form). I'm generally a clever...
      10-04-2011, 10:08 AM
    • TheTexan
      Best correction book ever written!
      by TheTexan
      I have seen several topics related to image correction related to color and contrast and other variables. Let me recommend a book that has been invaluable to me. Professional Photoshop, The Classic Guide to Color Correction, by Dan Margulis. It is a college degree in itself. It is written for the advanced...
      10-11-2002, 10:10 PM
    • pixelzombie
      who owns "channel chops" the book?
      by pixelzombie
      I am curious to hear what is the most important skill or technique that you have learned from this book. A buddy of mine has it but he won't loan it to me and i don't think he has read it in a while and he can't recall how it has helped him at all.
      03-29-2011, 06:39 PM
    Working...
    X