Digiscoping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digiscoping

I have just gotten into photography and I know there are many members on this site that are photographers as well…hobbyist to amateur to professional. I just purchased a digital SLR, and I love the versatility of being able to add lenses, but boy lenses can be expensive. I would love to get one of those high-powered telephoto lenses, but I don’t want to hock my car in order to do it.

Anyway to make a long story short, I found a very interesting article while searching the web today. It discusses a technique called digiscoping. It's perfect for nature photography and seems to primarily be used to photograph birds.

Digiscoping is the technique of shooting with a digital camera through a telescope or other optical device that magnifies significantly.
    More more on digiscoping check out these web sites...
    Digiscoping Techniques

Digibird.com

Digiscope.com

Also try entering "digiscoping" in a search engine as there are lots of sites on the technique.

~T

thanks for the info T Paul. I'll sure check it out.
    and for macro's there is a reverse coupling technique that lets you couple the 50 mm lens from a standard 35 mm camera in reverse to your lens and this gives you a sort of macro lens. I just ordered some bits and pieces to try this. You can see for yourself it works if you take your 50 mm lens, aperture all open(smallest number) and focus on infinity, keep it in reverse for your camera lens and look at your lcd.

gina

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Frank Lopes
      Focal length issues in pano shooting
      by Frank Lopes
      Since I shoot with Nikon cameras, most of these lens references are based on my personal experiences with Nikon equipment. The general concepts however apply to any manufacturer.

The focal length of a camera lens is the distance between the center of the lens and the film/sensor...
      12-24-2007, 09:43 AM
    • yuppicide
      Zoom
      by yuppicide
      I'm looking at lenses and they say for example 18-55mm. How do I find out how much zoom this would be in x terms?! Like for example the Olympus C765 Ultra Zoom says 10x optical zoom?!

I'm trying to compare the two so when I guy a Digital SLR and have to get a lense I'll know how much...
      04-24-2005, 10:18 PM
    • SierraBella
      Aperture
      by SierraBella
      Ok so I am still learning and plan on going to school in the Spring. I have been reading a lot about what aperture is but I am hoping for some clarification. Is aperture limited by camera, lens, or both?
      08-12-2011, 11:13 AM
    • yuppicide
      Lenses (a revisit)..
      by yuppicide
      I am looking at lenses for the Digital Rebel XT. What is the difference between:

Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Zoom Lens III

which can be seen here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...514323184&rd=1

05-10-2005, 08:24 AM
    • beezy40
      Depth Of Field Scale
      by beezy40
      My friends, "as John McCain would start a sentence" I would like to use the depth of field scale on all my lenses to capture a scene where sharpness is rendered from foreground, to horizon. I always wondered how those media photographers created sharp images without looking through a viewfinder...
      10-08-2008, 11:26 AM
    Working...
    X