PhotoShop Channel Chops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhotoShop Channel Chops

This is probably one of the more 'advanced' PhotoShop books that I've come across conceptually. It's not so much a book, "for step 1, do this, step 2, do that, step 3, do this", but more so, this is what is happening behind the scenes in the program to give one a better understanding of how to use the program. It touches upon the maths of the various blending modes and gives a solid treatment on the issue of "calculations" and "apply images" commands that hide in the image menu.

It was written around the time of PhotoShop 4/5, but alot of the concepts are still very relevant, although it would be nice to see and updated and expanded version. I just get the feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg and separates the photoshop weekend warriors from the "guru's".

Hey Thanks Matt for the review. It sounds like a good book to check out and I know it's been mentioned before so obviously others think it's pretty valuable also. It's nice to get first hand info from someone who has it.
    DJ

Comment

Thanks Matt. I think I've seen 3 or 4 positive reviews on that book. Could be something else to talk to Santa about!

Ed

Comment

I've only ever seem one bad review on the book and I think that was on amazon.com. I think the reason for that is someone wanted a step by step guide on how to do things without having to think about what they were doing. Thus they were obviously disappointed. I sat down for a week solid and worked/read through the book from cover to cover. It really isn't a beginners book and I would probably recommend walking into a book store, having a flick through it to see if it covers the topics you are interested in as it is very specific in what it deals with (hope this is making sense).

Comment

It makes sense to me. Looks like my library is gonna have to buy (or borrow) another book.

Ed

Comment

Working...
          X