retouch cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retouch cd

Wasn't sure where this info should be placed.

Just received one of my Genealogy newsletters and it had a review on a Retouching cd. Sounds kind of interesting but the site does not contain much info.

http://www.sunshinepress.com/rop-base.htm

Our interest may not be the cd as much as this is one of the few mentions I have seen in genealogy sites about restorations. Dont know why but it seems to be ignored. Should be a great area for us to be working. Any ideas on marketing to this area?

Bob

Bob,

On one of the other threads, there was mention of a software program that enabled you to make slide shows on CD's. You could also add music or you could add voice, at least to the best of my recollection. Sorry, but I don't remember the thread or the name of the program. But - if you could get something like this together for your own family, you could show it to the audience at a meeting. I know many people into genealogy have a lot of old photos, and something like that might just spark an interest. If you should do it, make *sure* it is done well. Simply keeping your name in front of the audience will do some good for you. Magnetic business cards, given to them would also be a great idea. People tend to use the magnets on their refrigerators, and they don't get thrown away like a regular business card. Have you checked all the threads on the work/jobs forum? There has been quite a bit of discussion on the subject of advertising.

Ed

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Sharon Brunson
      CD Jewel Cases
      by Sharon Brunson
      If you like to give your clients a cd of their pictures, then you might find this interesting. My neighbor works in data processing and one of their clients is a bank. Every day, they get cd's in cases from this bank and they just use the cd and throw it away.

She brought me over a...
      02-13-2002, 11:49 PM
    • roger_ele
      Archive Business Idea
      by roger_ele
      I have recently started archiving a collection of old photos and negatives for my family, and have thus realized that this is a need that lots of people may have. Where restoration is motivated by people that want a photo fixed, archiving is for those that want their collection of photos to be saved...
      11-20-2002, 01:59 AM
    • Doug Nelson
      I miss album covers
      by Doug Nelson
      Al's comment over in the "let's talk music" thread reminded me of how album covers are responsible for RetouchPRO existing.

Not those little CD covers that you can't even see, but the big LP covers, especially those from the 70s. It was these covers that made me, as a pre-teen,...
      04-28-2002, 01:42 PM
    • Ed_L
      Archiving CD's
      by Ed_L
      If you use Cd's for archiving purposes, is there a particular type of CD that you use? If there is, why do you choose it over the others?

Ed
      11-03-2001, 12:45 PM
    • Marni
      Help!!! My pictures are missing
      by Marni
      I have a question that I HOPE someone can answer for me. I have been working on photo's and then saving them to my hard drive. I got a little nervous about putting all that information there in case of a crash and thought it would be a good idea to move them over to a CD. I saved them all in "Direct...
      08-15-2001, 08:55 PM
    Working...
    X