Hidden Power of Photoshop 2 - B&W>Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Power of Photoshop 2 - B&W>Color

I am trying to go through HPPE2 doing each exercise. I am not able to accomplish page 45, steps 7 and 8. The Color Picker comes up when I do step 7 and I have to choose the blending mode "multiply" afterwards. I never get a scrren where I can choose "Group with Previous". I have tried several variations but none give me the desired results.

I am familiar with the Errata for Page 45 but that doesn't seem to refer to this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have HPPE2 so I can see the exercise to which you're referring. I don't have Photoshop Elements, however, so I'm winging this a bit and basing my feeble attempt to help on how it works with Photoshop, which sometimes works the same as Elements.

Once the Fill layer is created, check the Layers menu... Is there a Group with Previous command available there? Or, with the Fill layer active, try CTRL + G. That's the keyboard shortcut that will "group with previous" in Photoshop. (Shift + CTRL + G will "ungroup.')

Hope this helps...

~Danny~

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• hoshisato
      Duotones in PhotoShop Elements 5?
      by hoshisato
      I've searched the forum but didn't come up with an answer; I want to use duotones in a couple of my photos but unfortunately I'm using PS Elements 5 and the duotones option is missing from the Mode menu.
      Is there a way to do it via Elements 5 or is there a filter available that can help out?
      05-31-2007, 07:50 AM
    • ELFritzen
      Missing PE2 Menu Item
      by ELFritzen
      Does the installation of Hidden Power Tools change the standard menu commands in PE2? I was trying to check to make sure I had turned off any color management in PE2 and I cannot find the Edit>Color Settings command any more. Or has my copy of PE2 been corrupted? Thanks.
      05-24-2003, 07:58 PM
    • Tony Gander
      Hidden Power Curve Presets
      by Tony Gander
      As a new user of PSE4 (Mac) and Hidden Elements I am confused about the application of Hidden Power Curve Presets. Having opened the file and been presented with the Curves interface I then locate the curve I wish to apply in the layer stack. So far so good. Item 5 of the instructions (page 116 of The...
      05-31-2007, 07:05 AM
    • jonmilligan
      Photoshop Blend If
      by jonmilligan
      I am trying to complete a magazine tutorial for photoshop re. displacement maps(text on crumpled fabric). I have Photoshop elements 2, With the Hiddenpower tools I can keep up with every step apart from clicking on a layer in the layers pallet and using "blend if". Could I please ask you to...
      02-12-2005, 11:24 PM
    • mark pernal
      simulating [ctrl][alt][~] PS shortcut in PSE
      by mark pernal
      First of all, if Richard is reading this, I bought your book about a week ago "The Hidden Power of PSE2" and just loving it. Since then, I'm almost exclusively using my PSE1 (i have the "try out" version of PS6...so that's helped me learn all about actions, recording them, analyzing...
      05-07-2003, 02:36 PM
    Working...
    X