• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doug Nelson
    Janitor
    Patron
    • Aug 2001

New RP feature: Product Review Database

Click on "Reviews" over on the navbar and you'll find something very new for us: an interactive review database.

Here forum members will be able to enter their own reviews for products we care about. Don't see something you want to review? Suggest it and it will be up for everyone to review shortly.

In fact, I really need volunteers to add vendors and items. The more items listed, the more reviews we'll get.

It should be fairly self-explanatory, but I've made a small FAQ for it and put the link on the main page.

Two things:
    Submitting an image via URL doesn't work, so you'll have to save it locally before submitting. This is a software bug, the author is aware of it, and promises to have it fixed shortly.

Also, our original reviews page is still up here in case you have a review over there you want to transfer to the new database. It will remain up in case someone has linked to it, but it will no longer be updated.

So go, have fun, add your reviews to any items you like, read everyone else's reviews, and don't forget we need vendors and items suggested (use the navbar links to suggest).

Leave feedback and questions about the new system in this thread.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning
  • d_kendal
    • Feb 2002

Hey Doug,

the new system looks great, looks like it's gonna be a really nice feature to have on the site! the one problem (which I hope can be fixed easily) is that when I click on the "Review" link on the menu, it goes to the old page ( http://www.retouchpro.com/reviews/index.html ) not the new one ( http://www.retouchpro.com/reviews/ - which I found by erasing index.html off the URL). besides that, it appears to have some very nice features, it's easy to navigate, and I'll start adding Vendors/products as soon as I have some free time.

- David

Comment

• Doug Nelson
      Janitor
      Patron
      • Aug 2001

It looks like you need to delete your cache, since I did change the menubar links.

And, I'm happy to announce that, after only one day, the number of new user-submitted reviews is...(drumroll please)...ZERO!
      Learn by teaching

Comment

• d_kendal
        • Feb 2002

Thanks Doug,

that solved the problem instantly. well, that number is up to an amazing *1* now (even though it is a review of something that has already been reviewed by somebody else)

- David

Comment

• Doug Nelson
          Janitor
          Patron
          • Aug 2001

Hey, the idea is to get as many reviews as we can of as many products as we can think of
          Learn by teaching

Comment

• Doug Nelson
            Janitor
            Patron
            • Aug 2001

Some kind person or persons is submitting a lot of products, now all we need is your opinions on these products (and you can submit your own favorites, as well).

Total vendors: 36
            Total products: 95
            Total reviews: 20
            Total products with reviews: 19
            Percentage of products with reviews: 20.00%
            Learn by teaching

Comment

• Doug Nelson
              Janitor
              Patron
              • Aug 2001