X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grafx
    replied
    Originally posted by CJ Swartz
    Enjoy your new monitor -- getting a new one is always so much fun (after the work of getting it set up properly is done)!
    My own personal Christmas ::grinz::
    Did I mention I have a brand new P4, OS just installed waiting on me. I just have to find the time to install everything while my old beastie is still running. Lots of configuration in my future. Then I'll be good for another 3 years

Leave a comment:

• CJ Swartz
    replied
    I have used an LCD screens for several years, and am quite happy with the technology. When I did a search for reviews on your Sony model, there were similar problems mentioned to the ones you noticed, so there may be a design problem in that line.

Enjoy your new monitor -- getting a new one is always so much fun (after the work of getting it set up properly is done)!

Leave a comment:

• grafx
    replied
    Update!

I've decided it could not be calibrated and after 6 hours of trying its going back to the store. I just ordered a Viewsonic P220fb. I should have stuck with my gut feeling on LCD screens. It was beautiful but not accurate.

Leave a comment:

• grafx
    started a topic Any experience with a Sony SDM-HS94P/S

Any experience with a Sony SDM-HS94P/S

I just picked up one of these puppies. Brilliant colors/contrast, but it has a "live" area and anything out of that "live" area appears to be a bit different in color/darkness. I guess if I make sure I only put menus in those areas I'll be fine. It is quite larger than my previous 17" CRT, I never thought I'd purchase a LCD, but it is really quite nice overall.

Working on the color calibration now. I use Adobe Gamma for the most part, but I'm wondering with this beastie if I might need something more robust. Everything is so saturated and contrasting.

let me know,

Sarah
Working...
X