Noise reduction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise reduction...

plug-ins. Which is best? I've been trying to decide between Neat Image, Noise Ninja, and Noiseware. I was originally going to go with Neat Image but their Mac version is behind Windows, so I was a little discouraged by that. Also, it says to make a profile from a large area, do they all work this way? I mostly shoot portraits, so the largest area I'd have would be a cheek or forehead, as opposed to sky. I have a Mac and I use a 20D. I mostly have ISO noise because I often forget to change it (newbie mistake). I know the above mentioned sofwares aren't designed to remove film grain, but do they? Which is the most user friendly? Oh, and do you apply noise reduction as a first step before other editing? What happens when you use USM, does it bring back the noise?

Thanks

You might just want to upgrade to Photoshop CS2. It has an excellent noise reduction filter.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• scott watson
      Noise Reduction
      by scott watson
      After trying out Noiseware, Neat Image and Noise Ninja plugins I decided to purchase Noiseware Pro.
      I would like to know when is the best time to get rid of the noise. On the images I work on I will be doing alot of cloning to remove various elements in the image.
      Do you think its...
      12-03-2006, 12:21 PM
    • nebgranny
      Noise: Can anymore be done?
      by nebgranny
      Can not post full pic, but hope this is big enough. Still working on those really dark pictures. This one was taken at night at a football game. I have done a levels adjustment and then I ran it through neat image twice. I still have a good bit of the pixles as noted in posted image.

10-22-2005, 07:12 PM
    • sjm
      Noise Ninja for Macintosh!
      by sjm
      I've been waiting for eons for Neat Image to create a Mac version of their spectacular noise reduction software. Well, the wait it over! Not for Neat Image though. There is now a free beta version of Noise Ninja that appears to be just as powerful as Neat Image.

I just downloaded...
      04-24-2004, 03:55 PM
    • winwintoo
      Expert offers "failure theory"
      by winwintoo
      This was copied from a longarm quilting forum. I don't have the author's name, but I believe he has a firm grip on reality. This explains all our recent troubles - hard drives, images etc., and David, this might just be all the education you need.

(Didn't change anything!)...
      02-16-2003, 10:15 AM
    • imann08
      Getting rid of digital noise in LAB
      by imann08
      In a recent trip to London, I took a ton of pictures. Almost all of them were taken with an ISO that was much too high. The result was enough digital noise to make one go deaf. Getting rid of digital noise has been one of the areas that I have had the most trouble with. I don't know if I am dealing...
      02-18-2006, 09:58 PM
    Working...
    X