Impressive Free Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive Free Filters

Check out the link listed below for some remarkable, and free, filters. In addition to these there is a lot of good info to boot. Some is fairly technical but is presented in such a way as to make it fairly easy to understand. What type of filters are these? Sharpening, blurring, rank replace and a few others. See attachment for example of what 2 passes of the rank replace 8 step filter can do. I've been playing with these for a couple of days and while there is a learning curve to them, they are impressive. ( Filters are found by clicking the second from the bottom tab at left of screen entitled "Filter formula/ATS filters--there are 2 sets..one set works with 8 and 16 bit images the other works with 8 bit only...get them all. Some of the 8 bit only are more adjustable than their 16 bit counterparts.) Happy filtering, Tom http://www.aim-dtp.net/aim/techniques/index.htm

Bookmarked that one for future reference. Thanks Tom. Haven't the time to get into it but I will definately check it out soon. Looks like a good source.
    DJ

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• thomasgeorge
      Free Plug ins
      by thomasgeorge
      For those of unlimited talent but slightly restricted budgets, try this site to add to your plug-in collection. There are some good freebies here and the cost is just right---as in free! Hint: alot of these can produce some stunning results by using layer masks on duplicate layers. Have fun. The only...
      09-10-2001, 08:10 AM
    • thomasgeorge
      Harrys Filters: Review
      by thomasgeorge
      Let me begin by saying I am impressed with this collection of freeware, that's right, freeware, filters. Unless you are into heavy duty web or design work, this collection would probably fill any need you might have, plus they are easy, adjustable and lots of fun. I have played around with them for...
      09-08-2001, 10:48 PM
    • Craig Walters
      Filter Forge has been officially released!
      by Craig Walters
      now i know i've sounded like, and probably still sound like, i work for the company, but i dont. i have been beta testing, though, since almost day one. and day one was quite a while back now.

well, the testing is over. Filter Forge has been officially released!

this is...
      03-05-2007, 11:49 PM
    • Craig Walters
      Filter Forge for Mac is Now Open Beta!!!
      by Craig Walters
      well, the big news of the day is as the title says, FF for mac has gone beta. and, it's an open beta, meaning anyone with a mac can download the new mac FF version and test it out. here's the link to the site and page: http://www.filterforge.com/forum/rea...ID=16&TID=5882

any...
      12-26-2008, 12:19 PM
    • Craig Walters
      Brief Filter Forge Review
      by Craig Walters
      Filter Forge is a pretty amazing program. It makes filters for Photoshop and other programs that can use the .8bf plug-in types.

The biggest draw of this program is that you don't have to know how to code. It's visual and comes in two parts, the Graphical User Interface (or GUI) and...
      11-09-2007, 03:05 PM
    Working...
    X