Plugins..Actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugins..Actions

I need help with some Plugins and Actions I downloaded. Might be a dumb question and maybe too late but will ask anyway..you know so new to photoshop.

In psp I open the program and download in the plugins folder. Because I did not if this works the same in photoshop I have just downloaded them to my documents as did not know if actions were the same as plugins?? I downloaded charcoal , DeCrack, Caricature . Can someone please explain the difference between plugins and actions, if any, and give me instructions on where to put them for use in photoshop. Thanks Nebgranny

I have a Mac and use PhotoshopCS I put them in the PhotoshopCS/Presets/Photoshop Actions

After they are in the right directory, you have to load the actions. go to window/Actions then click the little arrow next to the action menu and go down to load action.
    Attached Files

Comment

An actiion is a macro were you can record all the steps you do to acheive an effect.

Have a look at this. http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/CS2...rkActionSM.mov

Comment

Thank you so much for all the help and information. I have placed the actions in the proper place and then loaded them. I then watched the tutorial which is so good...I will need to watch it several times but it is at the right pace and so visual for a person who learns best with visual parts along with instructions. Again you have been a GREAT help and I appreciate all your effort.!! Neb

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• visnew
          Virus / Spyware in plugins or actions
          by visnew
          Hi:

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but since the previous "Virus" thread was posted here, I thought it was best not to change.

In the original thread, Gary warned us not to download stuff from unknown or dangerous sites. However, I'm wondering...
          05-15-2008, 02:42 PM
        • kcohn
          Photoshop CS and Plugins/etc.
          by kcohn
          How do I move all my plugins, actions, etc. over. So far, the plug-ins don't seem to want to move, even those which didn't previously with new versions require a new installation? And what's this "legasy" thing--do I need it. Do I NOT use my Photoshop 7 number, but instead my Photoshop...
          12-01-2003, 09:09 AM
        • ShadowLight
          Marketplace - psd, presets, actions, plugins
          by ShadowLight
          Do you know a "marketplace" say... similar to what turbosquid is for 3D, but for PSD examples, C1/LR presets, actions, extensions, plugins etc?

note to owners of this site:
          if there isn't one... why don't you consider offering this service?
          09-23-2011, 05:46 AM
        • Chain
          Ft Pattern Suppressor
          by Chain
          This is a brand new re-made version of the "FFT" plugin for Photoshop from this thread. Now with a proper action to automate the procedure and get better results than manual painting. Due to the major changes we decided this deserved a new thread.

This is a set of FREE plugins...
          03-03-2018, 07:39 AM
        • markc78
          Photoshop Plugins
          by markc78
          Hi , I'm curious about the range of additional plugins available to Ps & if they really can enhance the image editing process or are they generally just dressed up automations for what can already be achieved manually within Ps?

Some of the plugins I've come across so far include...
          03-27-2009, 02:14 AM
        Working...
        X