Raw test target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw test target

More of a theoretical task than anything else, but I can envision some real usefulness for this:

Can anyone think of a way to make an ideal (ie: perfect) test target as a Raw file? Photographing a test target won't work, it needs to be some way to make a perfect target (via Photoshop or some other way) and exporting as a Raw file (and Save As...Photoshop RAW won't work, that's a different kind of raw).

So, a perfect (ie: 0,0,0 0,0,255 0,255,0 255,0,0 128,128,128 etc.) file that opens in Camera Raw. Can it be made (or has it already been made)?
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Related Topics

Collapse

• pavel123
    RAW file converters
    by pavel123
    I would like to ask for opinions on RAW file converters. Any considerable advantages of using third party software vs Adobe Camera RAW? If so, what would you suggest? Reviews seem to have different views on this.

Pavel
    09-20-2006, 09:40 AM
  • Tony Gander
    Raw format
    by Tony Gander
    In an article 'Understanding Digital Raw Capture' on Adobe's website I read the following: 'When you shoot raw, the only on-camera settings that have an effect on the captured pixels are the ISO speed, the shutter speed, and the aperture. Everything else is under your control when you convert the raw...
    10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
  • santajuana
    question on photoshop RAW.....
    by santajuana
    I want to know if anyone has used a photoshop RAW extension, you know... save as... photoshop RAW...

Is it reliable? i've always worked with TIFF, PSD or JPG images when i give back a retouched final image and someone asked me to give back a RAW file, so i searched and i only found that...
    08-30-2008, 03:11 PM
  • chauncey
    Photo-art: Can I do it in RAW? (RAW ? from newbee)
    by chauncey
    I'm briefly back;

Can I do everything in paint shop pro XI.II working entirely in RAW and if my goal is only photo "painting", do I need to?
    01-29-2007, 05:03 PM
  • Chennae
    RAW files
    by Chennae
    Hey, my name's Chennae and I'm new This is my first post and I was wondering if y'all could help me out. I love retouching, but I have absolutely no idea about RAW files. What it is, how to use it... no idea. I downloaded a RAW file the other day and tried to open it in photoshop (cs4) but it wouldn't...
    06-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Working...
X