drawing a line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drawing a line

Sorry for the really dumb question, bur I cannor remember how to draw a straight line or a box with PSE or CS. My mind is blank. Help.

With PS 7 I use the square marquee tool... Make a new layer, select your line shape and fill with black. Perhaps this is the "caveman" way, but it works for me. I then use the "free transform" option to edit the lines dimentions.

Hope this helps!

Comment

thanks again ! AL

Comment

Select a brush or pencil, click where you want to start, hold down the shift key and click where you want to end. Use show rulers and drag out grid lines to follow if you need them..skip

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Yorky
          Rubber Banding in PSE2?
          by Yorky
          One function which I find useful for drawing perspective lines on reference photos in Paintshop Pro is the ability to anchor the start of a line then "rubber band" a line, moving the end of the line before releasing the mouse to fix it.

I haven't been able to find this function...
          03-28-2005, 04:23 PM
        • backspaces
          Poly Line
          by backspaces
          How do I create a continuous connected set of lines where the lines connect each other into an open polygon .. i.e. a poly line?

In general, I'd like to make a complicated segmented line and I don't see how I can do that with PE or HP hints & tips.

--Wait: maybe this...
          07-25-2005, 10:04 PM
        • Mike Hallock
          How to draw a straight line in PS7
          by Mike Hallock
          Hi.

I need times to draw a straight line or drawing line in PS7. Most software programs have that ability, but I couldn't find any reference to it in PS7.

Thanks.

Mike Hallock
          01-26-2009, 03:41 PM
        • Lucile Davis
          How to extend lines in PS?
          by Lucile Davis
          Is there a way in PhotoShop to start with a line segment, and automatically extend the line along the same direction/angle as the segment without defining an end point?

I have a photo of a house with siding. The lines of the siding show in the shade but not in the sunlight. I want (on...
          11-10-2006, 04:58 PM
        • ndicki
          Can't draw lines in CS
          by ndicki
          Forgive me for being a complete beginner (comparatively), but... I've just upgraded to CS, and there are one or two things that continue to fox me. Start with this:

In Photoshop 7 , I could draw a line using the pencil/brush tool (sorry if the terms are incorrect, I've got the French...
          08-12-2006, 03:38 AM
        Working...
        X