Plug-in question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug-in question

I've gotta admit it --- I'm not a plug-in junkie! I also have to admit that I've considered trying some. The question is --- will plug-ins made for Photoshop 6 work for Photoshop 7? Probably not eh?

Ed

From what I understand, most will without problem. The only ones which might have a problem could be high end ones ....Mask Pro had a few issues with PS 6 but were resolved fairly quickly by the company....Tom

Comment

Companies usually rush to put out patches for the newest Photoshop updates as Tom said. So far it would seem some of the plugins are just short term fun toys to play with but for our business, no real use. Others can be extremely useful. I would say before buying, check the reviews on this site or others as to their useability.
      DJ

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Now I can go looking! If I can get enough toys, maybe I can put off the several thousand chores I have planned now that the weather's warming a bit.

Ed

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jenstar
          Question about the lord of the rings plugin
          by jenstar
          Yes i cant find the company who makes the plugin for Lord of the Rings..do any of you know the name of the company or have a link...also im wanting to find a website where i can buy more plugins ..is there like an online store site which hosts all the companies plugins ..if so may i get the name of...
          01-07-2009, 04:23 PM
        • smason
          Plug-in Manager
          by smason
          What is the best program to manage Photoshop Plugins? Does anybody have any tips?

Sharon
          09-24-2003, 08:54 AM
        • thomasgeorge
          Andromedia Varifocus Plug-in
          by thomasgeorge
          I had wondered for some time about this plug-in and after trying a demo with only so-so results and reading what I could find, I decided to buy it as, I reasoned, Demos usually leave out the really neat stuff. In this case they didnt. Reading the Ads one would be led to believe that this program could...
          09-03-2001, 09:40 PM
        • thomasgeorge
          Playtime with your Program
          by thomasgeorge
          With all the plug-in applications out there it is sometimes easy to forget that the most powerful ones you can get, you already have--built in to your Image editing program. The attached examples were done in 20 minutes, start to finish using only PS 6 and its Dust/scratch filter,layering and layer...
          10-03-2001, 09:20 PM
        • DJ Dubovsky
          Photoshop 3rd party Plugin Tip
          by DJ Dubovsky
          Just an interesting tidbit I noticed about Photoshop 6.

Since I upgraded to Photoshop 6 I noticed that you can have quite a few 3rd party plugins without upsetting the filter folder layout.

You can store your 3rd party plugins in a seperate folder outside the plugin folder...
          10-07-2001, 01:08 PM
        Working...
        X