• Adobe lightroom

Get your free copy and have a play

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/

Nobody tried it yet then?

Comment

Hi, I got mine about a week ago. I like it

Comment

Re: Adobe lightroom

chris, i got it, installed it and decided not to run it based on all the blurbs about the windows version. i couldnt see the plus for all the minuses.

craig

Comment

As far as I can tell based on a quick "go through" after installation "Adobe lightroom" is an advanced "Adobe Camera RAW" version with build in file indexing capabilities... The only problem I can see, the "lightroom" is not a file manager, it just indexes files in it's original location. If I decide to move the file elsewhere, it would mess up the indexing. The only option I can see is to keep all RAWs in one folder and to sort them out after processing...

Opinions?

Comment

Adobe lightroom at Beta 4

After trying it for some time I think it's big improvement compared to Camera Raw

Comment

I just downloaded the most recent Beta version this week (I usually avoid Betas for fear of bugs crashing my system), and I like a lot of what I've learned to do so far. I've started shooting raw files more, and have used free raw convertors and then bought PShop Elements 4 so I could use the Adobe raw convertor (I have not upgraded from PShop 7 to CS1 or 2) -- this left me converting from raw in one program and then opening up the new .tif file in PShop (I could have stayed in PSE, but it doesn't have everything I need AND I'd have to learn how to do things in PSE that I already know how to do in PShop7). Lightroom lets me make the file conversion, and do most of the basic photo edits needed all in one program, and gives me nice presentation options also.

I don't think I'm going to want to put all of my old images in Lightroom (I'm putting some in so I can practice different options), but it certainly works well at handling newly shot images -- from the camera download thru conversion to editing to presentation to printing.

Comment

Adobe Lightroom 4.1 was released couple of weeks ago. I was using 4.0 for some time and find it very useful, conciderably more functional then Adobe RAW plug in.

Pavel

Comment