Auto image align software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto image align software?

I loathe tripods. It's not that I don't recognize their value, I just find lugging them around hinders my creative process. But I do like to bracket my exposures, which is fine if you find one of the bracketed exposures is better than the rest, but not so much if you want to combine them into one image (unless you use beforementioned tripod).

So, has anyone come across any good auto-alignment software that can align widely bracketed yet untripodded images? Photomerge in Photoshop can't hack it, it's not what it was designed for.

My guess is that one of the exposures would have to be designated the target, and the rest would have to be warped to fit.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: Auto image align software?

Calico! I shot the examples on this page hand-held. Mac only.

Comment

There was a discussion a number of months ago that discussed a plugin used for image exposure alignment. This is something I wanted to come back to, but I forgot the site or the program that was discussed. I think it began with an "A", but then again...I also remember someone wrote in discussing how someone achieve a certain look..it was of house or stores in a town and this is how the thread began. Does anyone remember? thanks...

Comment

AutoPano-?

Comment

This is what I was trying to find...Photomatix

Photomatix turns high contrast scene photos into stunning images. Photomatix is an indispensable tool for landscape and real estate photography, offering HDR merge, automatic alignment, ghost removal and photo editing with HDR settings and one-click presets to create HDR images in the style you want, from the most natural-looking to artistic or surreal.

does anyone use this?

Comment

This page shows my limited experience with it.

Comment