IE6 problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE6 problem.

IE6 has started to refuse to open links embedded in posts on Retouch Pro and other forum sites. All that happens is that another set of toolbars etc in fact the whole IE6 frame opens but nothing more. I run Opera on the same OS (98) and there’s no problem so I think the OS is not the cause but an IE6 re-install hasn’t cured it. Any clues please.

I'm running IE 6 and I'm not having any problems at all. I know that doesn't help the situation for you much.
    DJ

Comment

Chris:

You're not the first to mention this. I will investigate.

For the nonce ( ), try cleaning your cache with great prejudice. When you re-installed, did you uninstall first and reboot? Verify the security settings are not too high (you can make an exception specific for us).

I'll post back when I find something.
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Thanks both........

Dj, this glitch has only appeared in the past few days IE6 has never caused problems before.

Doug Ok I've checked the security settings and they haven't changed and Retouch is on the 'approved' list. I'll see what you come up with, the other forum Urban 75 uses the same software but I think the problem is at my end.

Comment

Try this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q317683
          Learn by teaching

Comment

Speaking of link problems....
            For the last few days I've received this error when trying to access the "Links" in the slide out menu bar here.
            Attached Files

Comment

Doug,

I tried the suggested cure but no joy at the moment. I think 98 is due for a re-install to get rid of the rubbish.

Comment

Vikki: that was my fault. Thanks for the headsup. It's fixed.

Chris: if you get a link that doesn't work, can you rightclick on it and 'open' or 'open in new window'?
                Last edited by Doug Nelson; 04-28-2002, 01:49 PM.
                Learn by teaching

Comment

Chris: if you get a link that doesn't work, can you rightclick on it and 'open' or 'open in new window'?

Same problem Doug...........

Comment

It definitely sounds like a repair or a housecleaning (or os upgrade) is in order. I read that if you close down all apps and rightclick on the Explorer icon on your desktop and choose 'clear history' or something like that, it's much better at cleaning than if you have IE open. I don't have that icon, so I can't test it.

I saw several repair procedures for IE on the web. The amount of weirdness associated with IE is boggling.

Just out of curiosity, if you rightclick a bad link and select 'properties', what does it show? Have you tried logging out of the forum and seeing if it's any different? Could be cookie weirdness.
                    Learn by teaching

Comment

Heres the info.....
                      Attached Files

Comment

If you rightclick on one of our "bad" links and view properties, that's what you see? A Microsoft link? Is this part of their takeover plan?
                        Learn by teaching

Comment

Probably !

When are you going to unleash my 'pin up' in challenges !

Comment

This is asking for above-and-beyond the call of duty, and may not be within the technical skills of those afflicted, but I'd appreciate it if someone who was having one of these 'dead link' moments would view the sourcecode of the page with the link that's causing problems and determine if it is OK or corrupted somehow.
                            Learn by teaching

Comment

'and may not be within the technical skills of those afflicted'

He knows how to hurt..................

Comment

Working...
                              X