CS2/Bridge association

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS2/Bridge association

I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled PS CS2. Since then, my images in Adobe Bridge will open in Windows Paint, but not in Photoshop. Please advise.

Re: CS2/Bridge association

Originally posted by PJ Staley
    I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled PS CS2. Since then, my images in Adobe Bridge will open in Windows Paint, but not in Photoshop. Please advise.
    If you haven't already done so, I would suggest posting your question on the Photoshop for Windows forum at www.Adobe.com. A lot of folks who are highly technical in PS, including Adobe PS engineer-types, hang out there. I'll bet some of them will have good ideas on what went wrong and how to move forward.

After doing the HD reformat did you reinstall Windows? Be sure to mention it if you did (or did not) as well as the Windows version you are using and service pack level.

Good luck on getting this sorted out.

Comment

Re: CS2/Bridge association

You can reset your file associations from within Bridge. Open Bridge and go to Edit Preferences. Select "File Type Associations". You can now reset to either the default file associations, or you can click on the program association next to a specific file type to select a specific program to open that file type.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• csjwolfe
        Why does Adobe Bridge Open .jpgs in Illustrator?
        by csjwolfe
        We have just started using Photoshop CS2 with Windows XP. We are trying to learn how to use the new file browser Adobe Bridge. We have Photoshop CS2 open, clicked on Adobe Bridge button, double-clicked a .jpg and it opens in Illustrator instead of Photoshop. I tried changing the file association but...
        08-02-2005, 05:06 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        CS2 and Bridge
        by Doug Nelson
        If you are using Photoshop CS2, do you also use Bridge? Why/why not?
        Always
        28.93%
        Regularly
        20.81%
        Sometimes
        25.89%
        Never
        24.37%
        11-27-2005, 03:37 PM
      • jalean
        Problem with Bridge
        by jalean
        Hello
        I am new to this forum, but let me try anyway. I have this problem:

I had to re-install Photoshop CS5 on my Mac (OS 10.6.6). I also re-installed Bridge. When I now double-click any image in Bridge Photoshop will not open. Instead there is the message: "Some of the alpliction...
        03-19-2011, 06:29 AM
      • Gib
        Bridge:
        by Gib
        Hi, i have a question about Bridge:
        I have a folder on my desktop filled with backgrounds, textures etc... I want to place them in bridge to save space on my desktop. Now i have them in Bridge... But, when i want to remove the folder from my desktop, then they are no longer available in Bridge....
        02-22-2017, 05:42 AM
      • womanmarine
        Scripts/Automate quit working on CS2
        by womanmarine
        I had to reset my prefs with shift+Ctrl+alt to get photoshop to open. Fine. Now the things in the file>scripts and file>automate don't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!
        04-18-2008, 09:58 AM
      Working...
      X