Keyboard shortcuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard shortcuts

I'm curious to know how many folks use keyboard shortcuts and how often do you use them?

I have tried to memorize as many as I can for Phototshop and have found it to be a huge time saver.
    what's a keyboard shortcut?
    1.37%
    very little
    13.70%
    I use them often for common functions
    52.05%
    as many as I can...every chance I get!
    32.88%
    Last edited by G. Couch; 05-13-2002, 11:05 PM.

My vote was that I use the common ones often. I am not on a quest to memorize them, but I do use as many as I happen to remember. I keep adding a few here and there as I come across them. I completely agree that they are a great time saver.

Comment

Hmmm...let's see, I use ctrl-s (of course), ctrl-L, ctrl-0, [ and ] (a lot), I try to use the number keys but forget, ctrl-x, ctrl-c, ctrl-v (the holy trio), and a few others.
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Yes I'm with Jakaleena here. I too do use shortcuts, but as I tend to use a lot of different software across different platforms, even with the recent boon of being able to customize your working space, I find that there are so many different shortcuts that don't relate across the board.

Also with the upgrade of Photoshop 7, yet again they have moved some of the shortcut commands and ditched others - of course this will delight the shortcut wizards like Greg who can spend another 6 months learning the new shortcuts. Until the next upgrade eh?

Comment

I started learning the shortcuts after working in a lab. The resident Photoshop expert knew nearly every shortcut and watching him work was amazing!

It's almost like a game now...I like to see how long I can go before I need to use the mouse to click! I would say the most useful keys to learn have to be the tool shortcuts. This allows you to paint and edit in full screen mode without having to see any menus.

Mike - That's not good news about the shortcuts in 7. Some of the shortcuts from 6 are hardwired into my brain now...so much so that I try to use Photoshop shortcuts in other programs. I keep trying to hit Tab in Dreamweaver to get rid of the menus and nothing happens!
          Last edited by G. Couch; 05-14-2002, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Once I lost the use of Photobars from Extensis when I upgraded to version 6, I started relying more and more on those handy keyboard short cuts. Mostly I use them for the common tasks.
            DJ

Comment

I use keyboard shortcuts very often, because I find it speeds me up a lot when I'm trying to work. the only problem I have is memorizing the different shortcuts for the various programs and not using the wrong ones

- David

Comment

I forgot the most important shortcut (besides ctrl-s): the tab key.
                Learn by teaching

Comment

Yeah, the tab key. I use some of the more common ones, and agree that they're a big timesaver. I guess I really use more than I thought, but there's always many more to learn.

Ed

Comment

I use the common ones, too. I'm hoping to learn some of the double and triple key shortcuts, as well. But I still get them mixed up.

Comment

I try to learn more of them as I go along... although I know they appear on the menus, I haven't spotted a printable list... am I missing something ?.
                      RonDon

Comment

Sorry, its too late now to trawl through my magazines, but I have a great list of al the shortcuts available in PS6 and some of the new ones in PS7. However if there are any threads already on this subject please cut me dead now, before i go scanning

Comment

http://user.fundy.net/morris/redirec...otoshop1.shtml

RonDon, above is a link to a website with PDF files you can read or download to print with keyboard shortcuts for PShop versions 6 and 7 for both PC and MAC users. The site also offers other interesting tips and info to download.
                          Last edited by CJ Swartz; 05-14-2002, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks CJ... went and printed it... wow lots of them aren't there ? RonDon

Comment

No one would happen to have a spreadsheet with the PS7 Mac/Win shortcuts?
                              Learn by teaching

Comment