Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAW and Photoshop CS

I have tried searching here but can't seem to find the answer -

I have in the past opened a RAW file in PS, but if course I know that all RAW is not the same. I have downloaded the DNG converter and the RAW 2.4 update, and I still can't seem to open .cr2 files. Is it even possible with Photoshop CS??

Please, help, anyone - bout to pull my hair out!

Also, my 30D gets here Wednesday, and I need to know - is it best to use the software that comes with it, or can I use PSCS to convert?

Thanks, ya'll. As you can tell, my RAW experience is very limited. Any help is much appreciated!

Dawn

Re: RAW and Photoshop CS

Hi,
    I have no problem opening .cr2 files with PS, you can download the latest of DNG / raw update from adobe (version is 3.6 now) :

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3548

Good luck

Comment

Doink - lol
      Ok, I thought that newer version was for CS2 and 3 only. I will give it a shot. thanks!

Comment

Wait - it does say not compatible before CS2. Should I give it a go anyway? don't wanna screw anything up - lol.

Well, crud. I tried it. Would not work.

Comment

Ok - got it. My fault. I was trying to use the newer CS2 version of the plugin file. I changed it back to the CS verions and after using the newer version of the DNG converter, it's working.

I'd still love some input on the 30D, whether it is best to use the Canon software or CS for conversion, or is it just personal preference?

Thank You!!!

Dawn

Comment

oooops ! sorry, i didnt' check this as I'm using CS2 / CS3...
            Unless you upgrade your PS, so far I don't have the answer....

Comment

OK great !
              The problem with the Canon software is that it's very very slow if you have a lot of raw conversion to do.
              I prefer to use ARC for the workflow, and the quality it delivers is excellent - at least to my eyes -. You can try C1 (capture one, from Phase One) also (they have a trial version that you can downoload) , it gives superb results.

Voilàààààààààà

Comment

THank you so much!!

Have a great Day!
                Dawn

Comment

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos30d/page18.asp

DPReview compares ACR vs a camera's bundled software in their reviews of cameras. Might be useful and ACR usually looks better in their tests IMO.

Comment

Thanks for the link to that!! I will be sure to check it out.

Dawn

Comment