Windows Xp help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Xp help

When first installing XP it gave me the option somewhere to change the fonts smoothing and visual appearence on screen, this cinsisted of it showing several versions and asking which colour looked better etc..

Having re-installed XP (3rd time now ) I cannot remember where the option to change it is located. Anyone else have a clue?

Hi Mike,

I don't know of anything like that, but I found that if you open "control Panel", then click on "Appearance and Themes", there will be a box in the upper left corner where it says "see also". Fonts is one option to choose. Maybe that'll help??

Ed

Comment

Control Panel>Display>Appearance for which font, and size
      Control Panel>System>Advanced for font smoothing
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jeaniesa
        Upgrading to Windows XP?
        by jeaniesa
        I've been wanting to start a similar thread to Ed's, but with a slightly different twist. It seems like most people who have XP got it with a new machine. I don't have a need for a new machine, but am considering upgrading from Windows 98 to XP (esp. since 98 is starting to act weird again and it...
        01-12-2002, 08:17 AM
      • Len
        adding fonts to photoshop 7
        by Len
        Help. I am very much a newbie to photoshop so I need help. I was under the impression that photoshop 7 would use all the fonts stored in windows (i'm using windows XP) but it doesn't seem to. I'd like to be able to use Script, for instance, but photoshop doesn't show it as a useable font or many of...
        02-27-2003, 12:04 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        Microsoft Color Control Panel Applet for Windows XP
        by Doug Nelson
        This sounds like it would be very handy (if I didn't already have another utility that did about the same thing).

Perhaps someone could try it and report back? Maybe with screenshots?
        09-27-2006, 05:14 AM
      • KevinBE
        Xp Fyi
        by KevinBE
        While we are on the subject of I/O cache, that JAZ mentioned in another thread. Microsoft by default enables potentially dangerous feature in Windows XP. I thought I would mention it in case there may be some of you not aware of it. I know it caught me by surprise to learn that Microsoft thinks it...
        12-20-2002, 03:22 PM
      • gblount
        New Computer W/xp Problems
        by gblount
        I just purchased a new HP comp running Windows XP. After loading my software including PS Elements and Norton System Works, Elements is just not working properly.

So far I have found that when cropping, the crop lines jump large spaces during adjustment, when I click the print command,...
        10-31-2002, 01:34 PM
      Working...
      X