Quark Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quark Express

Is anyone familiar with Quark Express? Is it as complicated and involved as Photoshop? Or is it a little more basic?

TIA!

Quark Xpress is a page layout program, very different in purpose to Photoshop. It is very deep and powerful, but in an entirely different direction. In fact, they're usually used in conjunction.

So, yes, it is very complicated
    But, like Photoshop, you can do some pretty amazing things right out of the box.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Quark Xpress

Quark is a great program. Infact, Time Life Publishers spent millions developing their own page layout software, only to abandon it for Quark Xpress. It is widely used in the printing trades along with its' cousin Pagemaker. It is capable of doing very complicated things but actually, it is a very simple program. For the most part, everything is a box. Text boxes interact with picture boxes and some line elements to create page layout and design. New users need to remember that boxes have background colors.
      As far as using photoshop files in quark, I have found it generally likes tiff format. Muy Fun! Gerry

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• lcramer53
        Convert Photoshop Files to Illustrator?
        by lcramer53
        I think this is the right place to post this, if it's not, my apologies.

I've been working on designing vinyl banners and when I submit my work to my outside printing source, I've typically submitted in .psd format.

Now I've got a project where I'm making large decals for...
        10-29-2009, 12:15 PM
      • d_kendal
        Freeware
        by d_kendal
        When I bought my computer about 5 months ago, I decided to put more money into the hardware instead of buying lots of expensive software, and waiting until I could afford all the programs I wanted. but actually I ended up only really spening money on the operating system (which was included in the...
        05-20-2002, 11:18 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        web authoring software
        by Doug Nelson
        By paulette conlan on Saturday, August 04, 2001 - 07:00 pm:

Any recommendations on any inexpensive(<$100),intuitive web authoring software.I want to set up a basic webpage with a few links for a group that I'm active with.My priority is concentrating on learning my imaging software...
        08-08-2001, 12:23 PM
      • greg_d128
        GREYCstoration - Open source denoising algorithms
        by greg_d128
        Cheers everyone,

I'm an aspiring photographer, still new to the world of photoshop, so I would like to introduce myself. Hopefully by pointing something new and useful. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this program:
        http://cimg.sourceforge.net/greycstoration/demonstration...
        04-15-2008, 07:13 PM
      • Ben
        Make Photoshop default program for my images
        by Ben
        Hi
        I am trying to make my photoshop become the default program for my images. I am not sure whether I should have made it the default on installation or if I can do it in retrospect. Have tried the help program but I am obviously not asking the right question.
        Thanks
        Ben
        11-10-2002, 10:18 AM
      Working...
      X