Netscape 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netscape 7

I've been playing around with the new Netscape 7 for the past couple of days (I'm typing this on it). So far, I like what I see. No problems navigating RetouchPRO, and I like the builtin Netscape Radio (been listening now for about a half hour and so far no commercials).

It also has integrated AIM, which I don't use, but most of the world does and I guess I could if I had to. Integrated email, calendar, and contact list, as well.

And Composer is a not-bad little web-page editor for simple sites (like most of us probably have)

Plus the same version is available for Win, Mac, and Linux, which eliminates a lot of variables.

And it's all FREE!

http://www.netscape.com
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

guess I'm stuck, as I still have 4.7. I hate to change major things like that. In '99 I switched to Opera for the size and speed, even though mine chokes on Java.
    I had a beautiful set of bookmarks in NN but their all screwed up now, but I have to use it to upload pics to my new Gallery.
    Opera does all my surfing because of it's speed and window structure ( only one window) not a whole bunch in a row.

I don't use Internet Exploiter because it's so bloated and who owns it.
    How large is this new NN? 12meg? more?

Comment

The NS7 complete install is pretty huge, like 25 meg. But you can pick and choose what you want to install. Installing just Navigator itself is only a few meg (but you don't get all the neat stuff )
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

thanks for the heads up Doug, I didn't even know that Netscape 7 was coming out. I was going to download Netscape for Linux, but I hadn't yet so I'm glad I didn't waste my time downloading the big file and waited so I can get the latest version.

- David

Comment

Working...
        X