Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2

the new paint shop pro is out. i dont have it yet, but thought i'd pass the page along for anyone interested.

i'd be happy to know what those that have it already think.

here's the link: http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli.../1184951547051

Re: Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2

It is faster than x1 (on my comp) & nice interface.

Comment

chillin, anything else? faster is good and i saw the new interface on the corel site, but anything else?

Comment

Craig..I am sure you will be the first to buy...let me know what you think after you have tested. I'm still using version 9 and still love it.

Comment

skydog, actually, i may sit this one out. that's why i'm asking questions here. i normally buy every other version. but, on the last couple of psp's i've bought every version. but, i'm not seeing a big incentive on this one... so far.

Comment

I don't know if this code is still valid, but it takes 40% off: UG40OFFSEP (Worked only on US store, and got it without problems even that i live outside of USA)

My short experience that it's faster than previous version and more stable. Haven't really tested the new features.

Comment

I still am checking it out, but I like the different brush functions in one group.
              Attached Files

Comment

Am still pondering this one too.

But I have a question. PSP has been coming with tutorials included with the last couple of versions. These are Quick Time, and since I don't have Quick Time I have to now download and install this huge player just to see the tuts and "how to's" for PSP X2. Will someone explain to me why these are not also available in a format that will play on Windows media player which just about everyone has?

Steve C.

Comment

I've been playing with X2 for nearly 2 weeks.

My take:

*Opens faster
                  * Better Organizer than previous editions
                  * MUCH MORE STABLE haven't' experienced one crash or freeze
                  * Like the fact that you can save the original automatically
                  * like graphite interface easier on the eyes
                  * like the HDR capabilities
                  * like the upgrade to the levels & curves tools (shows original and changed)
                  * like the new layer styles

There are some improvements to old tools and they seem better for them. These aren't by any means all the improvements or advances to PS Pro it's just the one I feel are important.

If you use Paint Shop Pro version XI you may want to upgrade for stability reasons. If you have an earlier version then upgrading is really dependent upon your need for the newer tools.

To be sure if it's for you download and try XI it plays well with other versions.

Comment

chillin, version xi has that also.

steve, no idea, but i agree; why not use the media player everyone with windows has rather than the one everyone with apple has?

geru, havent had a lot of problems with crashes, but enough that i can appreciate that. the HDR interests me. what are the upgrades to levels and curves? i hope they didnt change clone or push. it is soundling a little better.

Comment

That shows how often I used that software (xi), but perhaps of its very "laggy" behavior...especially during extensive masking.
                      I'll get better with this one.

Comment

yes, i've got two gigs of ram and i notice the lag after a while also. seems to eat ram rather badly. that's xi i'm talking about, not the new one.

Comment

May be interested in this one. The more I read the better it sounds.

Would like to know if anyone has installed it with a JASC version, (version 9 or earlier), and are they compatable? I am not ready to remove 9 from my PC as of yet even if I install X2.

Also, does X2 still allow you to enter paths for plugins etc.? I want to be able to route it to pick up plugins from the same place that 9 does.

One thing I look for in every upgrade is the addition of more photo art filters like Impressionist, Snap Art, Buzz and the like. These seem to always have to be purchased as plugins. Maybe they would have to increase the price too much in a program like PSP to do this, but I use this type of thing so much it would be nice to have more of it included.

Steve C.
                          Last edited by Steve Conway; 09-20-2007, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I tried it on my laptop Win XP and it was so slow. I tried to install it on my desktop Vista , it will not install, therefore I will not buy it. I have bought PSP since version 4 and upgraded each time til version 10. I didn't like version 11 either.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up on this one! I am expecting a copy to try out soon. I first tried PSP at version X1 (being a Mac user I never gave it much thought, but it runs great on Intel Mac hardware under a virtual OS with 1 gig RAM allotted to XP).

I was not familiar with earlier versions of PSP so X1 was impressive enough for what I need to do in Windows ;-).

Comment