Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP 2.4 is finally released.

Might as well be me to break the news on this forum. lol

Still waiting until Sunday for the tryout dogs to fetch out the additional bugs that weren't caught with the RC releases. Hopfully the Script-fu compatibility issues will be nipped in the bud with the final release (yes, some of my favorite 2.2x Script-fus did not work with the RC candidates).

http://gimp.org/

Re: GIMP 2.4 is finally released.

i havent run the gimp in quite a while, nor even gimpshop, but am glad to see it's still progressing.

so, have you tried it out yet, lk? and if so, what do you think?

Comment

Hey Craig. Yes, I'm, for the most part, pleased with it. The only beef I have is a lot of my favorite Script-fus no longer work, but Vabirdy (Mark) and a few other kind soles who are better at the software side then I have already passed on their updated Script-fus. I also really like the color management capabilities and the ability to convert from one gamut to another (no longer need Photoshop for this). Finally, the save jpeg feature is much improved. It even knows the exact quality settings that an image was saved under and gives you the option to save at that exact settings. Haven't used it yet, but I've been very much interested in SIOX for extraction, so hopfully I'll give that feature a whirl soon.

Comment

cool! dont know a thing about gimp scripts, but the gamut stuff sounds good. i wish corel would do something with psp in this regard. and the .jpg stuff sounds good also. dont know what SIOX is, but ok.

Comment