Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixel Creator Pro or Album DS Pro

Hello

I am new here and I admit I have been lurking because I have not had much to say yet. I am just starting out with photoshop again after a many year hiatus.

I have a question about album software. I know there are two programs out that are compatible with the Adobe version I have ; CS2. One is Pixel Creator Pro and the other is Album DS Pro My Designer Studio Edition. They're both way more expensive than I want them to be so I don't want to make the investment if one is better than the other or if neither is worth it. Does anyone know anything about either? I really would appreciate some light being shed for me if possible. Thanks in Advance!

-J

Re: Pixel Creator Pro or Album DS Pro

I think this is the best album support software you can find and it's free.

http://jalbum.net/

Comment

Oh thank you for answering me! I am going to check this out. It isn't like the MYPUBLISHER/BLURB.com album layout software is it? I know thsoe only allow you to certain things within their support system. I am working on wedding layouts so I am looking for a software that has layouts and graphics that might make the creation faster than just doing them "by hand" in Adobe.

Comment

Sorry - I think I misunderstood what you wanted to do. J-Album is for creating photo albums for the web. I sounds like you want to create printed albums for your clients.

Comment

I like pixel creator pro however their support is deplorable, I have been trying to get some answers about their upgrade by phone 3 times E mail 4 of them. and still no response. I believe I will switch and not recommend it. I have tried Album DS, but it's a bit pricy. Any other suggestion from any one?

Comment

I just purchased pixel creator pro at the Imaging USA in Phoenix earlier this month. Conference special was $249 and I though very reasonable. I'm very happy with it. I know they had some problems with their ISP earlier this month as I emailed three times with some questions and didn't get an answer. (e-mails were bounced back to me) I called them and left a message. They called me back within minutes and answered all my questions. Kevin was very appologetic and said if the problems with e-mails weren't resolved in a few days they were going to change ISP's.

There is a learning curve with PCP of course but the tutorials are quite good. I haven't used Album DS and can't comment on it.

mdennis

Comment

I own Pixel Creator pro & have nothing against it, But I saw this program at Photo Plus Expo called ds Albums. I think it is superior. Also a cool way to get programs for free is here http://fixthephoto.com/how-to-get-li...-for-free.html
              Last edited by MisterR; 11-02-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X