Photoshop: Fix Lighting Effects missing styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop: Fix Lighting Effects missing styles

I was going to post this to an older thread where people were having problems with their lighting styles showing up in the dialog box for the lighting effect filter in Photoshop. I was advised to start a new thread about the topic, so I will.

I am using PS 7, and I had the same problem. I noticed inside my lighting styles folder, along with the styles, another lighting styles folder which was empty. I deleted this folder, and viola! My styles are there now!

Re: Photoshop: Missing styles in Lighting Filter

Excellent! thanks for sharing your solution!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• rogleale
      Problem with Lighting Effects
      by rogleale
      Hullo,

I am using PS7 and Windows XP. All seems just fine except with Filter>Render>Lighting Effects - there are no preset styles in the drop-down menu, and I can't save any style that I create. I always get the message "Error - an error occurred while saving the style"...
      05-18-2003, 10:02 AM
    • bmv
      Missing Lighting Filter Styles
      by bmv
      Hi,

I apologise in advance as this is a topic that has been disgussed in the past but I have not been able to find a solution to date.

Running CS2 on windows vista business I cannot apply any of the lighting filter styles as they are missing from the drop down list. I have...
      12-30-2008, 10:27 PM
    • mbphotos
      Lighting or Photoshop?
      by mbphotos
      Ideas how this image was created:

Was it photoshop/post or lighting with gels?

Some look like post (to me), but others look like gels.

http://signevilstrup.dk/wp-content/g...03-118_low.jpg

http://signevilstrup...
      06-29-2012, 07:44 AM
    • PostProcessor
      Lighting
      by PostProcessor
      =D not sure if this is the correct place to post this but i couldn't find a "lighting" section. So anyway, i was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what they think the lighting system/position was in the attached image. I think it really nice with the highlights on her arm and such.....
      08-15-2007, 02:09 AM
    • midnitejam
      Photoshop Lighting Effects styles missing
      by midnitejam
      My CS2 has lost the lighting styles. How do I get them back?

Filter...Render...Lighting Effects....Styles drop-down dialog box has a blank field for styles options

There should be the following options: 10 O'Clock, 2 O'Clock Spotlight, Blue Omni, Crossing, etc. There should...
      03-09-2006, 10:35 AM
    Working...
    X