retouching video??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retouching video??

anyone knows wich program should i use if i want to retouch video, like make
    waists smallers or disappear imperfections from face shots?

Re: retouching video??

To do what your trying to do would require something like Adobe After Effects Professional.

Comment

thanks, im thinking if i should buy that program

Comment

Neat Video will get rid of grain really well.
        After effects will do some retouching, but the definitive is rotoscoping, which is how they do the light saber...yes....frame by frame.

Comment

frame by frame
          mmm... too much work lol i have after effects in my other pc but i dont really know how
          to use it...

Comment

although after effects is like the "photoshop for video" unless the subject is standing in the exact same place the entire video you will have to make adjustments frame by frame, keyframing helps, but if you end up keyframing every other frame you aren't cutting your workflow down any.

Comment

You're looking at compositing software. After Effects has gotten better and is used
              but industry standards for film are more like Shake, Combustion, Digital Fusion, Nuke,
              etc or the hardware packages like Flint, Flame, Inferno, etc

The difference being most of these are node based compositing rather than layers
              like After Effects.

Originally posted by synthetamine View Post
              although after effects is like the "photoshop for video" unless the subject is standing in the exact same place the entire video you will have to make adjustments frame by frame, keyframing helps, but if you end up keyframing every other frame you aren't cutting your workflow down any.
              Frame by frame usually looks WORSE than keyframing. The object with rotoscoping is
              to make as little keyframes as possible to make the motion-tracking smooth.

Comment

This is all wrong - After effects has something called Motion Tracking, it will analyze each frame based on checkpoints. So it can map any animation and distortions to these points, or relative to them

Comment

As does all compositing software. After Effects was one of the last to implement it.
                  The tracking can be used to stabilize a hand held shot also. You can choose between one
                  tracking point, 2, or 4. Motion tracking adds a keyframe every frame. Depending
                  on what you're tracking, this can be improved.

Comment

ooh now i get it.. thanks to all... does anyone knows where can i find some tutorials?

Comment

Lynda.com maybe

Comment