Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: FFT Filter

Hi
    I've been using FFT for quite some time now. I sometimes have erratic results, but more so today. Despite re-installation of FFT, none of my problems were resolved. I'm using it on black and white wedding photos from the 70's, full of honeycomb. Lovely B&W's slightly discoloured through age, but scanned on at Epson 4990 at 300dpi RGB.

What's happening is......

When I use a soft black brush on the red channel then go to IFFT, the corrections display as green spots, and if I follow through the IFFT result is highly red with no image at all. I'm confused. Because, sometimes it will work on other images of the same ilk.

Secondly, and on occasion, when I choose FFT the result is a black screen.

Could one of you kind people used to this programme advise me what I'm doing wrong here. The only other plug-ins I have are Neat Image, and the totally useless Fluid Mask.

I've had good results from this free FFT programme in the past, so not much keen to change it for a purchased one. Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Help: FFT Filter

Hi Liz.

How big is your image?

The largest size accepted by the FFT filter is 2980x2822

Image Analyser by Meesoft will accept larger images up to at least 4000 x 4000

Hope this helps.

Ken.

Comment

Ah...mmmmm.....I'll check that out. Do u think that could be the prob?

Comment

Images above 2980x2822 will be black.

Either reduce the size of the image or try Image Analyser

Ken.

Comment

Thanks for that info. I'll have a look at my file when I return to work to-morrow. Do you think this also explains the green dots on the red channel?

Comment