Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSP Files sent to me open as MS Pushpins??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSP Files sent to me open as MS Pushpins??

Some files that I have that have been sent to me as .psp are trying to open as "microsoft pocket streets pushpins" files. I can save them as .psp, but they always try to open as mpsp files. I have PSP XI, by the way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

kat57

Re: PSP Files sent to me open as MS Pushpins??

Right click on one of the PSP files and select Open With - this should bring up a list of programs and the option to browse to find the correct one - you can aslo set the default program here.

Christine

Comment

Would you believe when I right click, I don't have the "open with" option, just open.

I have never had this happen before!

Yikes!

Comment

UPDATE: PSP Files sent to me open as MS Pushpins??

I finally got the "Open with" choice, and when I choose PSP, it tries to open, then tells me it is not compatible with my PSP version.

It's so strange, since it shows up as a PSP file on my computer. I have several from different sources that do this. I have PSP XI, does it not read back to the earlier versions?

Thanks for all your help!!

Kat

Comment

Hold the shift key at the same time.

Peter

Comment

Thank you Peter!!!!!!!!!

You are a lifesaver!!!

Kat

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• amymont717
              Psp x2 help!!!!!
              by amymont717
              Can anybody help me with this? I just installed PSP X2 onto my new computer. I was trying to open my tubes and everytime I try is says " The specified file cannot be identified as a supported type" Now, I went to pref and went to check all file types but it won't let me check pspimage....
              08-25-2008, 06:20 AM
            • MitchellB
              CS or PSP
              by MitchellB
              With Photoshop being the industry standard IS Paint shop pro just as good? I am debating the two different products and price is certainly an issue.

Any tyhoughts??

Can PS actions and such be used with PSP??
              04-20-2006, 09:02 AM
            • Walman
              Problem with PSP 9 and 10 with Svc Pack 3
              by Walman
              I recently accepted MS Svc Pack 3, and since then launching PSP 9 or 10 is a problem with my display and mouse. Normally: I have my monitors (2 of them) upside down and my display inverted to compensate. For those who wish to know, it's keeps my monitors at a better eye level. Anyway, I use ATI Radeon...
              09-03-2008, 08:44 PM
            • Ivy
              Plz help me with plugin folder
              by Ivy
              Hi I would like to know how to share the psp plugin folder with two
              psp programs.
              I have psp 7 and psp 10 and would like to know how to set up the plungins for
              both psp programs with out haveing to install them all over again for both psp folders. I hope this makes sence. ...
              07-17-2006, 06:27 PM
            • feivel
              Hello Goodbye
              by feivel
              Just joined today, but I see this is VERY much a photoshop site (though with some effort I can cull a few general threads).

For me, that's a shame, because this looks like a fantastic site, but I use paintshoppro and like it very much.

Does anyone think, or has there been...
              01-29-2003, 01:09 PM
            Working...
            X