URGENT Help needed..Painter is sick!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT Help needed..Painter is sick!!

Got a painter problem. I know it's a somewhat familiar problem, but since I've never had it, I ignored it...duh..and now can't find the cure...

All my interface colors are screwd up..all green and blue..
    Worst of all, it does it to any image I open as well!! They almost look like inverted (negative) and very very grainy..

Images look fine in other programs, so it is definetely a painter program.

Of course I tried un-installing and re-installing, but that didn't fix it... I can't contact Procreate supposrt until Monday morning 8:30 and my deadline is 9:00..

Can't finish on my Mac, because I only bought a copy for the PC so far...

Anyone who can help me? please? puh-leeeese?

Painter 7 goofy screen colors - RetouchPro to the rescue

Been there / got burned by this one myself...

Check this out...

------

Note: Though I don't use Painter 7 much (even though I've got it installed), I've read the patch is pretty important to install.

HTH

~DannyR~

Comment

Sorry, forgot to search the posts before asking..guess i was panicking a bit. The solutions worked, so thanks a lot!!!!!!!

Comment

Boy!, that's a load off my mind.

Comment

The fix where you go to
          edit>preferences>windows and put a tag in the box of
          "display options...Disable device dependant bitmaps' fixed my problem immediatley.

But downloaded the patch anyway (1hr24mins on ISDN )
          So from now on it should stay ok (fingers crossed)

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• pixlart
            Introduction & Corel Painter News
            by pixlart
            Hi All:

My name is John Derry and, as one of Painter's original authors (along with Mark Zimmer and Tom Hedges), I have been involved with Painter since about day one. I've been a longtime lurker in many of the online Painter forums, newsgroups, etc. That's about to change.
            07-12-2005, 01:57 PM
            Corel/Procreate Painter 7 patch
            by Guest
            I have been looking dilagently for a way to fix my P7, which crashes every time I start it, and today I found an
            Udate/Patch for it. At 30meg, it's the largest patch I've ever seen, as I remember when PS was on 5 floppies, and PSP on 1 or 2, ACDSee on 1.
            I haven't loaded it yet, will...
            06-01-2002, 04:36 AM
          • Jin
            Software: Corel Painter 8.1 patch, Tutor Alley forum, Jinny Brown, Painter resources
            by Jin
            Jinny Brown is one of the premier users / teachers of Painter. She's a regular contributor to numerous Painter venues, including the Corel Painter newsgroup and very deservedly is held in very high regard by the Painter community. ~Danny~

========

Hi Neve,

11-21-2004, 07:53 AM
          • jaz
            I'm returning Painter 7
            by jaz
            What a piece of [email protected]#[email protected]#$

It crashed again while saving and I lost 2 hours worth of work. I guess the only way to really use it is to save as a different name every time you save .

I can't put up with this. Hopefully, I can return the $50 Painter 7 WOW! book I bought from...
            12-23-2002, 06:20 PM
          • Mike Needham
            Painter 8 released for Review
            by Mike Needham
            Just a heads up to all you painter fans out there, I may be telling old news to you hardened vets, but as the title of the thread suggests Painter 8 from Corel (www.corel.com) has been released for review, I presume that this means that it's arrival on the shelves can't be very far away.
            04-09-2003, 07:18 PM
          Working...
          X