Google Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Chrome

New open source browser from google. Fast, low memory requirement, if a website crashes the browser, it only crashes the open tab, not all of them. It also has an "incognito" mode for anonymous browsing. And retouchpro.com looks excellent in it.

http://www.google.com/chrome
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: Google Chrome

I'm browsing on it now, but until Google makes some major modifications, I don't think it will be my default browser. Chrome is seriously lacking in the area of customization. There's not much, if anything, you can do to customize this browser. Worst of all (for me, anyway) Chrome is lacking it's own "Google Toolbar"!!

Comment

Google owns you....

So, are you enjoying the snappy, clean performance of Google Chrome since downloading yesterday? If so, you might want to take a closer peek at the end user license agreement you didn't pay any attention to when downloading and installing it. Because according to what you agreed to, Google owns everything you publish and create while using Chrome. Ah-whaaa? Update: It was a copy & paste mistake, apparently, and the offending language is being removed as we speak. Thanks, Googe!

Link

Comment

hehe, i saw that too, swampy, but look at the rest of that blurb and how there was a typo and it's being fixed.

Comment

I would still be a little cautious. Google likes to produce products that provide them feedback on your habits, etc... after all, that's how they make money - data mining.

For instance, the default sign-up of Gmail tracks all of your browsing even when using IE. You must dig into your account settings, then into My Products, then turn OFF Web History.... no one generally even knows it's ON. Surprise

Comment

tommy, i dont find 'my products'. can you be more specific?

Comment

Sign in to Google & go to "my account"

Comment

Yep, it's pretty deep.
                If you're already logged into Gmail, go to:
                Settings>Accounts>Google Account Settings>My Products>Web History
                ... and turn off Web History.

Comment

I tried "Chrome" but couldn't watch movies or feeds @ http://www.justin.tv/ it asked for a flash download but still didn't work after the flash install.. Thats where I watch all the latest movies on the "Entertainment" channel, so I need that to work! Oh Well!!

Comment

hi,
                    chrome may not be that great as all the hype.....
                    On another board i been too.. a brisk disussion going on on it...
                    now it is speedy and clean looking but under the hood.... things are starting to come out about it....

1. it seems there a fair amount of tracking software in chrome.... which some people discribe as spyware....

2. another to me a very important point... is it has some serious secuirty flaws......!!

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/39176/108/

it will be awhile before i download chrome....

Originally posted by Doug Nelson View Post
                    New open source browser from google. Fast, low memory requirement, if a website crashes the browser, it only crashes the open tab, not all of them. It also has an "incognito" mode for anonymous browsing. And retouchpro.com looks excellent in it.

http://www.google.com/chrome

Comment

After reading the EULA, there's not a hope that Chrome would get anywhere near my machine.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10030522-56.html

Other concerns

http://www.tgdaily.com/html_tmp/cont...39176-108.html
                      http://www.computerworld.com/action/...&intsrc=kc_top
                      Last edited by Gary Richardson; 09-07-2008, 07:55 AM.

Comment

oh, you meant your google account, not your windows account. ok, thanks.

Comment