• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Related Topics

Collapse

• Minskie
    More on Background extraction
    by Minskie
    I have figured out roughly how to use the extraction tool to remove the background from a portrait.

Now, how do I add the background colour (I want to have a plain white background) to replace the checkerboard background I am left with?

God this program is very user unfriendly....
    02-05-2006, 12:27 AM
  • CJ Max
    Using Magic Wand Tool
    by CJ Max
    I'm trying to use the Magic Wand tool to select and then remove a background. I want to keep the image of a boy and move it to a new background.

My settings are Tolerances 32, Anti-aliased, and Contiguous. As I'm working on a duplicate image before any retouching, layers are not involved....
    02-06-2006, 08:20 PM
  • buz
    Vert/Horiz Align Tools
    by buz
    I have gotten them to work sometimes and other times a dialog says they are unavailable.

I don't know what I am 'not' doing when I get the 'unavailable' dialog.

Typically just linking two layers together and using the tools. Last time around with two layers linked H/V tool...
    03-26-2003, 10:11 PM
  • buso23
    How to replace a black background?
    by buso23
    Hi,

I am aware of couple of techniques of replacing a background and I think that the best one is to use the pen tool, but it's time consuming. I have some photos shot against black background and I would like to change it into white. No matter how hard I try there's always some bleeding...
    01-15-2006, 05:09 PM
  • makeovermagic
    need "white" background transparent
    by makeovermagic
    i don't know if this is possible, but i need this clipart's white background to be transparent. it is part of a business card design, and i want it to appear in front of the text with the hand/wand/hearts only -- can the white background be erased?
    12-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Working...
X