X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Eraser?

What does a magic eraser do?

Erases magic?

When you click in a layer with the magic eraser tool, the tool automatically changes all similar pixels. If you're working in the background, or in a layer with locked transparency, the pixels change to the background color; otherwise, the pixels are erased to transparency. You can choose to erase contiguous pixels only or all similar pixels on the current layer.

Comment

http://www.adobe.com.au/print/tips/pseraser/main.html

http://www.russellbrown.com/tips/photoshop.html (scroll down the bottom of the page to the background eraser tips)

http://www.russellbrown.com/

Apple QuickTime reqd to view these movies, don't forget to check out all the other great movies at both these sites.

Heat up the popcorn.

Hope this helps,

Stephen Marsh.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Minskie
        More on Background extraction
        by Minskie
        I have figured out roughly how to use the extraction tool to remove the background from a portrait.

Now, how do I add the background colour (I want to have a plain white background) to replace the checkerboard background I am left with?

God this program is very user unfriendly....
        02-04-2006, 11:27 PM
      • CJ Max
        Using Magic Wand Tool
        by CJ Max
        I'm trying to use the Magic Wand tool to select and then remove a background. I want to keep the image of a boy and move it to a new background.

My settings are Tolerances 32, Anti-aliased, and Contiguous. As I'm working on a duplicate image before any retouching, layers are not involved....
        02-06-2006, 07:20 PM
      • buz
        Vert/Horiz Align Tools
        by buz
        I have gotten them to work sometimes and other times a dialog says they are unavailable.

I don't know what I am 'not' doing when I get the 'unavailable' dialog.

Typically just linking two layers together and using the tools. Last time around with two layers linked H/V tool...
        03-26-2003, 09:11 PM
      • buso23
        How to replace a black background?
        by buso23
        Hi,

I am aware of couple of techniques of replacing a background and I think that the best one is to use the pen tool, but it's time consuming. I have some photos shot against black background and I would like to change it into white. No matter how hard I try there's always some bleeding...
        01-15-2006, 04:09 PM
      • makeovermagic
        need "white" background transparent
        by makeovermagic
        i don't know if this is possible, but i need this clipart's white background to be transparent. it is part of a business card design, and i want it to appear in front of the text with the hand/wand/hearts only -- can the white background be erased?
        12-10-2005, 08:58 PM
      Working...
      X