two colors with a brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two colors with a brush

Can I ask a PS6/7 Qs here? In Painter, it is possible to configure so you can paint two colors with a brush(comes in handy for Hair) it can even be kinda done in PSP. Can PS be trained to do this?
    greg
  • Daryl Pritchard
    • Jul 2002

Hi Fujitive,

While not an area I've had experience with, I decided to explore your question in Photoshop 7.0. Upon selecting a brush and opening the brush palette, I saw that one of the brush dynamics options is "color dynamics". When enabled, that provides options to control various "jitter" values from 0-100% for hue, saturation, brightness, and foreground/background, plus two additional options for purity and control (none, pen pressure, pen tilt, fade, and stylus wheel). With a white background for the workspace, I set a foreground color of green, a background of red, and selected a brush pointer style similar to a hair strand. I then enabled color dynamics and set the HSB and fore/background jitters to 100%. Not knowing what to expect, I thought I'd see two colors alternating when, in actuality, I saw multiple colors as shown here: http://jazzdiver.com/images/color_dynamics.jpg

I don't know exactly what is happening, but this little exerise seems to suggest that the brush dynamics are quite powerful. Perhaps they could do the same thing as you've seen in PSP...I just don't know for sure. Hopefully you'll glean something out of this however.

Regards,

Daryl

Comment

I did the same thing, but too many colors, what were they thinking? If one could control that feature, and change the brush to something useful.......................
      Thanks for your comments.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

Two color brush
        by Guest
        This is one that has bugged me, getting 2 colors on one brush. Painter does it, and tonite I found a brush in PS7 that will, but it's not as easy to control as the one in P6/7. So, if there are any PS gurus here that know how to make brushes and modify them, come on down.
        I've got a screen cap...
        08-04-2002, 01:07 AM
      • cyberphonics
        Brush Color Different from Color Picked?
        by cyberphonics
        Hey all! This hasn't happened before, so I'm not sure what might be going on. I'm using CS3. I was drawing with the paint brush and everything was fine. Then at some point, when I went to draw again, the color the brush was drawing was like a dark, blush sort of gray even though the actual color I have...
        01-15-2011, 11:04 AM
      • e.b.west
        Q: What is a soft brush?
        by e.b.west
        OK, here it is:

I'm starting to progress(?) from just using filters to also using brushes. Many of the tutorials I read say "use a soft brush". What exactly is a "soft brush"? I'm using Elements 2 and I beleive most of the brushes are the same as PS.

05-13-2003, 11:35 AM
      • kneff
        Question on how to use swatches
        by kneff
        Hi. I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to use a swatch with a brush. I've got a swatch for blond hair and a hair brush to use, but I can't figure out how to use them together. Can anyone help? Thank you
        10-29-2006, 07:48 PM
      • gamedonechanged
        What brush settings to get these kind of strokes?
        by gamedonechanged
        Ok so I finally caved and got myself a wacom tablet. It's my first one so it's taking a bit of getting used to but I wanted to ask what settings do I need to play with to get these kind of strokes. In particular the ones on her shoulders and arms. Is it fade with pen pressure switched on? I can't seem...
        09-19-2009, 05:29 AM
      Working...
      X