help with brushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with brushes

I've been playing around with the brushes finding out how they work and making new ones.Now when i use the pencil tool it will not draw a straight smooth line.I reset photoshop 7 preferances but that didn't help.What did I mess up?

hmmm - havent heard or experienced anything like this - but I will hazzard a guess at anti-aliasing (if you can with the pencil)

I will look into it a bit more, but I am sure some bright spark will have sorted you out by then.

Comment

Wow, never heard of that either. If you don't get help here, I would take those little sobbing smilies over to Tech support at Adobe and let them sort things out. Makes me leary of experimenting with brushes after you mentioned that. Good luck and let us know if you find out what's going on.
      DJ

Comment

I think you have to hold down "shift" for the pencil tool to draw a straight line?

Comment

Banana man is right, hold down shift key to get your straight line. For more fun, As go up to the brush options and move the spacing lever over to the far right and then use the pencil tool as you hold down the shift key.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ashkumar
            Brushes, make a play with it.
            by ashkumar
            Hi,

Thanks to reply my previous posts for D & B technique, Now I'm very well in that.

I seen somewhere i.e. DevianArt that they use brushes to make some realistic parts of the face like Hair, Eyebrow, Eyelashes, Lips etc. etc.

I've downloaded some brushes...
            10-04-2008, 07:33 AM
          • Romany
            Wing Brushes
            by Romany
            Hi All
            I have made a collection of brushes of Wings for use in Fantasy Art Projects, will share them when i sort out the upload problem i have, they will come in part's like Wing Brushes 1,2,3 so on i have used them so far for Angel Wings.
            Hope to have them up soon to see what you think....
            04-21-2005, 06:04 PM
          • kelmar
            help with finding downloaded brushes?
            by kelmar
            hello to everyone,

i downloaded some brushes . i put them in the preset brushes folder like it said, but they dont show up in the menu?

can someone please make me feel even more stupid and tell me what im doing wrong??

thankyou
            08-02-2006, 11:57 PM
          • Hamburger Image
            Photoshop Brushes
            by Hamburger Image
            Hello all,

Any suggestions on where to download photoshop brushes? I'm learning the dodging and burning technique and would like to experiment with brushes for this purpose. If you have any customized I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
            Veronica Hamburger
            07-24-2008, 01:58 PM
          • pawprints
            Installing brushes in PS...need help
            by pawprints
            OK...so new here (hi) and new to PS CS ( I know...need to upgrade).
            I keep running across these wonderful brushes on the internet...so how do I go about installing them???
            Anyone have the time to explain....knowing my knowledge is limited at this point in time.

12-09-2005, 06:32 PM
          Working...
          X